I have such a cute Mr. and Mrs. Gingerbread card to share with you today. I used 5178D Mr. and Mrs. Gingerbread and I paired these cuties using the Nested Rectangle Scallop w/ Holes and Rectangle Combo. There are several accessories in the set but I couldn’t resist adding a little gingham skirt on the Mrs. and pants for the Mr. I thought they popped perfectly against the green gingham background.
Mr. and Mrs. Gingerbread
- Cut the gingerbread people using Kraft cardstock.
- Apply Antique Linen ink to the images using the ink pad direct to paper technique.
- Cut the accessory pieces in red, white, black and green.
- Attach the accessory pieces to the images using glossy accents.
- Cut a portion of the gingerbread image using red cardstock, trim off the waist and legs to create the pants and attach to the body using glossy accents. Attach a thin gingham ribbon to the waist using double stick tape.
- Attach a strip of double stick tape to the waist area of the girl image and begin attaching and ruffling the gingham ribbon all the way across to create the skirt.
- Cut a thin strip of white cardstock and attach it to the waist of the skirt with double stick tape.
- Add holly leaves and berries to both images to finish.
Complete the Card
- Cut the scalloped layer using green checked paper.
- Cut the white frame section and attach it to the checked layer using double stick tape.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the checked layer and attach it to the card base.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the gingerbread people and attach them to the card base.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my cute Mr. and Mrs. Gingerbread couple. I think they are precious. Thanks for coming by and I hope you are having fun preparing for the holiday.