Good Wednesday afternoon. I have another project to share with you today using Julie’s newly released Rustic Botanicals Die Set and Modern Graphics Paper Pack along with another of her sentiments from the Lovely set. Have you ever started out making a project with an idea of exactly what you want it to be and then have it head south? That is what happened to me today. I started out making a simple three layer dimensional flower using the flower die from the set and Sour Grape cardstock.. I got the flower totally finished and decided I would just add a touch of color to the petals using a mini applicator and some Dusty Concord ink. Yikes!!! Dusty Concord is a very dark purple and I failed to test it out on scratch paper before I started applying it to my flower petals. Big mistake!!! I wasn’t going to toss the flower so I grabbed a Spectrum Noir Amethyst Glamor Glitz and Glamor Pen and applied it to all the petals. Wow! This took me totally out of my comfort zone with this mod sparkly flower. So I had no choice but to use the Olive Jade Falling Leaves Pen on my leaves. I had originally planned on using another piece of the black and white paper from Julie’s paper pack but decided I would color the pattern with purple to add another touch of sparkle to the card. I mean….the sparkle factor on this is way over the top. LOL!
This flower die was created the specific size of the flower image in the coordinating set but I always like to do double duty with my dies. The flower die creates a flower that has more center space and not lots of depth in the cut of the petals. I wanted to create a three layer dimensional flower. I used my scissors to cut in on both sides of each petal to create more room for forming that layer.
I placed the flower face down on the molding pad and used my stylus to roll and form the back of each petal.
I turned the flower face up and pushed down in the center of the flower to pull all the petals up.
I didn’t alter either of the two bottom layers but formed them with my stylus and molding pad. The furthest flower on the left was only formed slightly to create the base of the flower. I added more formation of the second flower layer. I used the small circular die from the set to create the flower center and used my small tipped stylus to scrunch it up.
I used the leaf tool from the garden tool kit to score the leaves and then gently formed them with my fingers.
Here’s a closer view of the flower. It was a little hard to get a good clear picture of the flower with the full card.
I must say this is not my norm but sometimes it’s fun to go out of our comfort zone. I’ll refer to this as a happy mistake gone wild (wild for me that is). LOL!
Thanks for coming by and I hope your week is going well. I’m on third week of puppy/potty training our new now 11 week old puppy. He sure is a bundle of joy and a bundle of hard work. LOL!
Card size: 5.50” x 4.25”