Good Friday morning. My project today is a spring die cut tree and chair scene. I love the tree filled with tiny flowers against the soft blue cloudy sky. The chair looks so pretty nestled down in the flowery garden. I would love to have a pretty spot like this in my back yard. To create my scene I used Rubbernecker’s Winter Tree, Beach Chair, Small Ivy, Tiny Flower Buds, Leaf Buds, Small Butterflies and Grass Set.
The Cloud Layer
- Cut the background layer using white cardstock.
- Apply Tumbled Glass ink to the sky area using an ink blending tool and cloud template.
- Cut two grass sections using green cardstock.
- Attach one directly to the background layer using double stick tape and attach the second section using thin strips of mounting tape.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the scene layer and attach it to the card base.
- Cut the tree using Kraft cardstock.
- Apply Antique Linen ink directly to the tree with the ink pad and heat set
- Cut the Leaf Buds using green cardstock
- Attach the leaf buds to the branches using glossy accents.
- Cut the tiny flower buds using purple cardstock and form them using a tiny tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Attach the flowers to the branches using glossy accents.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the trunk of the tree and a few rolled glue dots to the back of the leaves.
- Tuck the tree in behind the grass and attach to the card base,
The Chair, Ivy and Butterflies
- Cut the chair using white cardstock.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the chair and tuck it in behind the grass and attach to the scene.
- Cut ivy sections using green cardstock.
- Attach tiny flowers to the ivy using glossy accents.
- Tuck the ivy and flower sections in behind the grass and attach with glossy accents.
- Cut butterflies using purple cardstock and attach them to the sky area using glossy accents.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my die cut tree and chair scene card. I never tire of making scenes and the purple, green and white are one of my favorite color combinations. Thanks for coming by today and I hope you have a great weekend.