Today I’m show a few step by step photos of how to make small paper flowers for cards. Last week I shared a window card with you made using the Window with Double Stitch. I had the four rectangle sections left over from the window project and thought they would be perfect used with small flower pots and a sweet sentiment. I paired the rectangles with Small Flowers #3, Tiny Flower Buds, Tall Terracotta Pots, Leaves and Greenery and a sentiment from the Kittie Says Phrases #1.
The Rectangles and Card Base
- Cut a green card base 4.75″ x 3.50″.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the green layer and attach it to the A2 sized card base.
- Use black ink to stamp the sentiment on one rectangle layer.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the rectangle layers and attach them evenly to the green layer.
Shaping the Flowers
- Place the three sized small flowers face up on the molding pad.
- Shape the two larger flowers using the small round stylus.
- Shape the tiny flower buds using the tiny tipped stylus.
- Attach the three sized flower layers together using glossy accents.
Arrange the Small Paper Flowers in Pots
- Cut the pots using yellow cardstock and color them using Color Fuse Set #2 Pumpkin ink and a mini applicator.
- Cut the foliage using green cardstock.
- Attach the foliage sections to the back of the pots using glossy accents. Note: I use my reverse tweezers to hold my foliage and flowers.
- Attach the flowers to the foliage using glossy accents.
- Use glossy accents to attach tiny white premade Nuvo Crystal Drops to the flower centers. Note: I always keep a small craft sheet filled with Nuvo Crystal Drops on hand. I use my paper piercer to pick them up off the sheet and to attach them in the flower centers.
Adding the tree tiny flowers and foliage to the sentiment layer created interest and carried in the small flower theme.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my how to make small paper flowers for cards tutorial. Using such tiny pots of flowers can make such a big impression on a card front. Did you find the step by step pictures helpful? I lovemaking paper flowers and I have several hundred projects in my Flowers Category. You can find lots more small paper flowers inspiration on this Pinterest link. Thank you for coming by and I hope you are having a good week.
Here are the dies and stamps used for this project.
Here are the tools and supplies.
How to make small paper flowers for cards.