I love making a white card with colorful flowers. The stark white card base is the perfect background to highlight the bright colors. For this card I used the Rubbernecker Inside Scallop Nested Set, Arch Trellis, Tall Terracotta Pots, Wide Terracotta Pots, Watering Can, Leaf Group, Flower Stems, Flower Buds and Small Flowers #1.
The White Card Base
- Cut an A2 sized card base, a scalloped layer and an Arch Trellis using white cardstock.
- Use the trellis as a template to draw cutting lines on the scalloped layer.
- Use a craft knife to cut out the window opening on the scalloped layer.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape all the way around the back of the trellis and attach it over the window opening on the scalloped layer.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the scalloped/window layer and attach it to the white card base.
The Terracotta Pots and Watering Can
- Cut the terracotta pots using yellow cardstock and the watering can using grey cardstock.
- Color the pots using a mini applicator and Mango and Pumpkin ink from the Color Fuse #2 set.
- Apply rust to the watering can using a mini applicator and Pumpkin ink.
The Colorful Flower Pots
- Cut the small flowers using aqua and purple cardstock and foliage sections using green cardstock.
- Place the small flowers face up on the molding pad and form them using the small tipped stylus.
- Arrange and attach the foliage sections to the back of the pots using glossy accents.
- Attach the pots and watering can to the card base using pieces of mounting tape.
- Note: The flower pots turned out to be a little larger than I needed for the window so I had to float the watering can down a little. My husband said all the images look like they are floating in air and I guess they do! LOL!
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my white card with colorful flowers. Take a look at my Dimensional Paper Flowers and Best Wishes Card for more examples of a white card with colorful flowers. This Pinterest link provides lots more inspiration. I sure do appreciate you coming by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Stay safe and healthy.
Here are the dies used for my card.
Here are the tools and supplies used.
A white card with colorful flowers is fun to make.