Bright colorful images like these fun beach accessories and toys really pop on a white card base. I’m not sure this color combination would be my first choice for most of my projects but they are perfect for this set of images. For this card I used Rubbernecker’s newly released Beach Bag and Sand Toys along with Flower Buds and Tiny Flower Buds framed with the Window with Double Stitch. This would be the perfect card to send to a beach lover or as a beach party invitation.
The Card Base and Frame
- Use white cardstock to cut an A2 sized card.
- Cut the window frame once using white cardstock.
- Cut a 5.25″ x 4.00″ piece of pink cardstock.
- Place the pink cardstock on the cutting platform, line up the window frame evenly on the cardstock and cut.
- Turn the outer pink frame face down on your work table and insert the white frame face inside the outer pink frame.
- Attach the two frames together using double stick tape.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape around the outer border of the frame and on the cross strips of the frame and attach it to the card base.
The Bright Colorful Images
- Cut the Beach Bag and Sand Toys images out using three bright colors of cardstock and use black cardstock to cut the base of the sunglasses..
- Mix and match the colored pieces you want to use for the images and set the others aside to use for future projects.
- Cut the flower buds and tiny flower buds and form them using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Attach the images pieces together using glossy accents.
- Use rolled up double stick tape to attach the hat and hat rim sections together.
- Attach the beach ball, flip flops, hat and sunglasses to the card base using glossy accents.
- Apply a pieces of mounting tape to the beach bag and bucket and attach to the card base.
Cards with bright colorful images on an all white card base is one of my favorite style of cards to make. Check out my Window Frame Die and Flower Vases and Clean and Simple Flower Pots to see a couple examples of this style of card. For even more inspiration check out this Pinterest link. I sure do appreciate you coming by and I hope you have time to fit in some crafting today.
Here are the Rubbernecker dies used for this project.
Here are the tools and supplies used.