Rubbernecker has released some really cute Christmas die cuts this holiday season. I always love coming up with ideas for using the new dies to make. The newly released Christmas Mini and Santa Mini sets are so cute and can be used in so many different ways. For this card I framed them with the Window With Pierce and Rectangle Combo #2 OPC and created a layered tree using the Evergreen Trees.
The Frame and Card Base
- Cut the window frame using white cardstock and the rectangle frame using red cardstock.
- Use the largest rectangle to frame the red window die cut. Note: The red window frame fits perfectly inside the rectangle on the sides and top but is just a tad longer to fit at the bottom.
- Insert the window piece inside the rectangle frame and allow the tiny bit of excess length to overlap on the inside of the frame.
- Apply double stick tape all the way around the back of the two frames. Note: You will have to look closely to see that the bottom of the window is just a tiny bit narrower than the other three sides.
- Apply strips of mounting tape all the way around the back of the frame and attach it to an A2 sized white card base.
Create the Layered Christmas Tree
I took a few pictures to show how I used several trees to create the layered tree. It is really easy to do and I think it makes a more realistic dimensional tree. Dig out and dust off your crimper because crimping each tree before attaching them together adds another dimensional element.
- Cut several of the largest evergreen trees using green cardstock. It just depends on how many layers you want to add.
- Crimp each tree. Note: You can use your fingers to flatten some of the crimp out of the layers if you think they are too crimped.
- Cut one of the trees in half and attach each half to the back of the front tree using glossy accents.
- Continue adding layers to both the back and front of the trees and attaching each layer so they extend out past the layer in front of it.
- Finish adding layers and use the last large tree to cover the cut tree layers. Note: You can see that as I added layers I extended the height of the tree. The top of front tree does not reach to the top but will be covered with an embellishment and will not be noticed.
Assemble the Minis
- Use red, green and white cardstock to cut the Santa and Christmas minis.
- Assemble the holly, ornament and Santa hat, attach them together using glossy accents.
- Use glossy accents to attach the holly leaves and berries to the card base.
- Cut a leaf section using green cardstock to adorn the Santa hat and attach using glossy accents.
- Use small pieces of mounting tape to attach the ornament and Santa hat to the card base.
- Assemble the presents together using glossy accents.
Decorate the Tree
- Cut several sections of the bows and small ornaments using red cardstock.
- Decorate the packages and tree using the bows and ornaments and attach using glossy accents.
- Cut a mid size star using the Stars die using yellow cardstock and attach it to the top of the tree using glossy accents.
- Attach the tree to the card base using pieces of mounting tape.
- Use mounting tape to attach the tree presents under the tree.
- Finish by applying yellow stickles to the star and red stickles to the small ornaments.
I hope have enjoyed seeing my cute Christmas die cuts to create this festive card. The options are endless and these minis are so easy to put together. I would love to hear how you would use these die sets to make cards of your own. Be sure to check out the Rubbernecker Black Friday Sale as all these dies and may more are discounted.