Who doesn’t love a window card? You get a peek into something fun or special, getting a little secret view. It got me thinking – what about peeking inside a WINDOW window card? I played around a little and I just love what I came up with! To make this card I used the Rubbernecker Window 4 Pane, Bird House, Borders #1, Grass, Small Birds, Cats, Leaves and Greenery and Tiny Flower Buds.
The See Thru Window
- Place the window die on the card base and use it as a stencil to draw pencil lines as a guide for cutting the opening.
- Place the card base on a cutting mat.
- Use a craft knife to cut about an 1/8′ outside the pencil lines. Note: You could use a rectangle die to cut the window opening if you have one that is just the right size.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the window.
- Line the window up over the opening and attach to the card base.
- Apply double stick tape to the front side of the window shade.
- Attach the window shade piece directly to the back of the window opening on the inside of the card.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the front side of the designer paper wallpaper.
- Line up the wallpaper section over the window opening and attach to the inside of the card base.
Your are creating visual dimension by popping the window up on the front side of the card and popping the wallpaper section up on the inside of the card. Notice how the window shade and cat stands away from the wallpaper and the window stands away from the window shade.
The main focus of my post today is to show step by step photos of how I created this see thru window. I created the brick background using a brick stencil, a large blender brush and mini applicators. The embellished birdhouse, flowers, foliage and cat in the window helps create a fun scene with the window being the main focus.
Check out my Window category to see lots of fun window card projects.
Does this make you want to make a WINDOW window card? What would you put in YOUR window? Share with me in the comments and perhaps I will make another one in the future using your idea as an inspiration.
Creating a see thru window card is so much fun.