Do you know someone who would appreciate a cabin in the trees card, made by YOU?
This cabin in the trees card makes me feel like I want to to go on vacation! Can’t you just imagine how peaceful and bright and fresh a real-life scene like this would be? And when I got my new dies from my own new collection, I was super excited to see that these new, slightly smaller full bloom trees were the PERFECT size to work with the little cabin die I already had! I LOVE it when things like that happen. So you know I had to sit right down and make this summer vacation inspired card. To make this card I used the new Spring Tree, Rectangle Combo OPC #4, Cabin, Tabbed Mountains, Mixable Flower Stack, Tiny Leaves #2 and Tiny Flower Buds.
The Scene Base
- Cut the A2 sized card base using Kraft cardstock.
- Use green cardstock to cut the ground layers.
- Use light blue cardstock to create the blue sky background layer.
- Cut the frame using red cardstock.
- Apply double tick tape to the bottom back lower portion of the frame and attach a ground layer.
- Attach the second ground layer to the blue background layer.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the blue background layer.
- Attach the framed scene base to the Kraft card base using ATG adhesive.
- Use red cardstock to cut the body of the cabin.
- Use Kraft cardstock to cut the roof and a layer to fit behind the cabin window and door openings.
- Apply double stick tape pieces to the back of the cabin to attach the Kraft layer.
- Use a rolled up string of double stick tape to attach the roof to the cabin.
- Apply a piece of mounting tape to the back of the cabin, tuck it in behind the ground layer and attach to the base.
The Trees, Sun and Flowers
- Use green cardstock to cut the tree tops and brown cardstock to cut the tree trunks.
- Place the tree tops on the molding pad and gently form the using a large round stylus.
- Apply glossy accents to the tree trunks and attach the tree tops.
- Tuck the trees in behind the ground layers and attach them to the card base using pieces of mounting tape.
- Cut the sun (flower) using bright yellow cardstock and attach it to the card base using a small piece of mounting tape.
- Cut tiny leaves using green cardstock and tiny flower buds using red cardstock.
- Place the leaves and flowers face up on the molding pad, form the leaves using the leaf tool and the flowers using a tiny tipped stylus.
- Attach the flowers to the leaves using glossy accents.
- Finish the scene by tucking the leaves and flower sections behind the ground layer and attach using glossy accents.
You don’t have to HAVE a vacation spot like this to appreciate a sweet little cabin in the trees card but if you know someone who does or someone who loves this sort of getaway, well, this card is a great design to have on hand!