Save this in your homemade birthday card ideas file!
I am always playing around with homemade birthday card ideas because I feel like those are one of the kinds of cards we always need. I love simple cards designs with touches of detail and this idea is definitely a keeper! For this card I used the Nested Circle Scallop with Holes, Branches and Leaves, Flower Buds, Nested Circles and the sentiment from the It’s Spring Time.
The Card Base
- Use white cardstock to cut the A2 sized card base and white scallop layer.
- Stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment on the card base using Nocturne ink.
- Cut a strip of pink cardstock and run it through your straight crimper.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the crimped pink strip and attach it to the card base.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the scallop layer and attach it to the card base.
- Cut a circle wreath base using two small circle dies.
- Use green cardstock to cut the two small leaf sections of the Branches and Leaves set.
- Place the leaf branches face up on the molding pad and gently form them using your leaf tool or small tipped stylus.
- Begin attaching leaf branches to the base using glossy accents and over lapping the branches all the way around to fill in the wreath.
- Use pink cardstock to cut tiny flowers.
- Place them face up on the molding pad and push down in the center of each using a small tipped stylus.
- Attach the flowers to the wreath using glossy accents.
- Apply a generous amount to glossy accents to the back of the wreath base and attach it to the scalloped layer.
I like creating simple card designs that are fast and easy to make yet pack a big creative punch. My project today is very feminine but you can check out my Sweet and Simple Birthday Card Ideas to see a project perfect for anyone.
I hope this is one of those projects that makes it to your homemade birthday card ideas folder! It’s so flexible and adaptable! And I would love to hear what you think of this and what you do to make it your own!