For Spring, you can never have too many handmade card ideas with wagons!
I’ve created lots of handmade card ideas with wagons because a wagon is such a relatable design element. From Winter to Fall, from the beach to Spring, there are so many ways a cute wagon can be incorporated into a design. This new Kids Wagon die has loads of details and it’s so easy to put together! Want to see all the inside scoop?
Card Base, Frame, Fence, and Clouds
- Use white cardstock to cut an A2 sized card base and light blue cardstock to cut a 4.50″ x 3.25″ sky background.
- Attach the light blue sky layer to the card base using double stick tape.
- Cut the Picket Fence and Slimline Clouds using white cardstock and green cardstock to cut the Grass.
- Attach the grass section and fence section to the back of the frame using double stick tape.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the to the card base.
- Attach the trimmed 5.25″ wide cloud section to the top of the frame using double stick tape.
Flower Pots, Flowers and Stems
- Cut the Tall Terracotta Pots using bright yellow cardstock.
- Apply a layer of light orange ink shading using a mini applicator.
- Use darker orange and brown inks and mini applicators to add shading but allow the lighter shade show in the middle of the pot. Pro Tip: You can see my video on how to How to Add Dimension to Terracotta Pots if you would like to see how I colored the pots.
- Use green cardstock to cut the Flower Stems and pink, yellow and purple cardstock to cut the Small Flowers #4.
- Place the small flowers on the molding pad and push down in the center using a small tipped stylus.
- Apply glossy accents to the back of ten flowers and attach them to the green stems.
- Use glossy accents to attach the tiny white circles to the flower centers. Pro Tip: I save all the negative circles from when I cut eyelet dies. They make the perfect centers for flowers and are way less expensive (free) than buying gems or pearls.
- Attach one flower and stem to the back of each of the five flower post using glossy accents and set the remaining stems aside.
Kids Wagon and Scene Accessories
- Use aqua, gray, black and yellow cardstock to cut the Kids Wagon and aqua cardstock to cut the Watering Can.
- Assemble the wagon axels and wheel sections together using glossy accents.
- Attach the axel and wheel sections to the back of the wagon using strips of mounting tape.
- Apply a strip of mounting tape to the top back portion of the wagon and attach three pots.
- Attach two additional flower pots to the back of the front row of pots using glossy accents.
- Apply a wide strip of mounting tape to the back of the wagon and pots and attach to the grass and fence.
Finish the Card
- Use yellow cardstock to cut the Sun Moon sections and attach together using glossy accents.
- Trim off the top portion of the sun to fit under the clouds and attach it to the card base using mounting tape.
- Tuck the remaining flower stems in behind the grass section and attach using glossy accents.
- Use purple cardstock to cut a Small Butterfly and attach it to the scene base using glossy accents.
- Apply a piece of mounting tape to the back of the watering can and attach it to the frame and grass.
I have 694 scene cards in my Scene Category if you would like more inspiration for creating die cut scenes.
I am certain I will be using this adorable die set on more handmade card ideas with wagons. Let me know if there’s a specific way you’d like to see this used and maybe I will be able to use your idea as an inspiration!