Good Saturday morning. My project today is a pretty clean and simple die cut window and flower pots card made using several dies by Rubbernecker Stamps. I used the Window 4 Pane, Tall Terracotta Pots, Small Ivy, Tiny Flower Buds, Small Butterflies, Borders #2 and Tabbed Grass.
See Through Window
- Cut two windows, one for the front and one to cover the opening on the inside.
- Cut one flower box.
- Use the inner window openings as a template to draw cut lines on the card base.
- Cut the window opening 1/8″ outside the template lines using a craft knife.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of one window and attach it over the front opening.
- Cut 1 decorative drape sections using the Borders 2 die and run it through the crimper to add dimension.
- Apply 1/8″ double stick tape to the back side of the window opening and attach the blind.
- Apply double stick tape to the back of the second window and attach it on the inside to cover the drapes and opening.
- Attach the flower box to the window using a piece of mounting tape.
Coloring the Flower Pots
- Cut the flower pots using yellow cardstock.
- Apply Wild Honey ink using a mini applicator to cover the flower pots.
- Apply Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo ink using mini applicators to shade and create the appearance of terracotta.
The Flower Arrangements
- Cut several sections of the small ivy.
- Cut the flowers using bright pink, apricot and purple aqua cardstock.
- Form the flowers using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Attach the ivy sections to the back of the pots using glossy accents.
- Attach the flowers to the ivy using glossy accents to fill in the arrangements.
- Attach the flower pots to the window using pieces of mounting tape.
- Attach butterflies in the scene using glossy accents.
- Attach pre made white Nuvo Crystal Drops to the butterflies using glossy accents.
- To finish the cut one section of grass using green cardstock and attach it to the card base using strops of mounting tape.
I really love how this die cut window and flower pots scene card turned out. I used my retired Stampin’ Up! color wheel to get my color combination and I think the three flower colors look great together against the soft blue card base. Have you made a see thru window before? You can check out my see thru window tutorial if you would like to see step by step photos of the basic steps of how I created this card. The window die used in the tutorial is different but the basic steps are the same. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great weekend.