Good Tuesday morning. My project today is a stencil background and flowers card made for the Splitcoaststampers Clean and Simple challenge. The challenge was to use a stencil on our project. I wanted the stencil background to be a soft accompaniment of color for my flowers. I used the Rubbernecker Circle Lattice, Flower #7 and Best Friends sentiment to create my card.
The Stencil Background
- Cut the Circle Lattice using a piece of scrap cardstock to create the stencil.
- Place the stencil in place over the white layer and secure in place with pieces of Eclipse tape.
- Use a stylus and foam tip to apply a soft layer of Wild Honey ink over the stencil.
- Remove the stencil, apply double stick tape to the back of stencil layer and attach it to the Marshmallow Chick layer.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the stencil layer and attach it to the white card base.
- Cut the flower stem using Easter Grass cardstock.
- Cut the flowers using Marshmallow Chick cardstock.
- Apply Wild Honey and Gathered Twig ink to the flowers.
- Trim the stem portions off the flowers and attach them over the green stems using glossy accents.
- Apply small pieces of mounting tape to the back of the flowers and a small amount of glossy accents to the stem and attach it to the white stencil layer.
- Cut a strip of white cardstock about .75 wide.
- Stamp the sentiment using Nocturne ink and heat set with the heat gun.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the sentiment and attach it to the card.
I love making detailed card with lots of parts, pieces and dimension but I also enjoy creating clean and simple projects like my stencil background and flowers card, I appreciate you coming by and I hope you have a great day.