Good Wednesday morning. This morning I’m sharing four die cut inlay sentiment cards made using new dies by Rubbernecker Stamps. I used the 5205-01D Hugs, 5205-03D Love, 5205-04D Smile and 5205-05D Wishes and created an all white background using the 5141D Nested Rectangle Scallop w/Holes. I embellished each card with a piece of foliage from the 5118D Leaf Group and 5147-09D Flower Buds. Rubbernecker is having a Store Wide 20% Off Sale that includes all the new dies in the February die release. I’ve got several new projects to share with you over the next week or so that shows off lots of the new dies.
Die Cut Inlay Sentiment
- Cut the white scalloped layer.
- Line up the sentiment die on the white layer and run through the machine the second time.
- Turn the white layer face down and apply double stick tape over the die cut openings. Hint: I placed the cardstock face down on my craft sheet so the tape wouldn’t stick through the openings.
- Cut the sentiment using a piece of colored cardstock and remove the negative pieces from the letters.
- Turn the white decorative layer face up and and carefully insert the sentiment in the opening.
- Use your paper piercer to remove the tape from the openings.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock to fit on the back of the sentiment layer and attach with double stick tape.
Assemble the Layers
- Cut a piece of colored cardstock 5.00″ x 3.75″ and attach it to the white card base using double stick tape.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the sentiment layer and attach to the card base.
- Cut foliage leaves and tiny flowers.
- Attach foliage sections and flowers to a key spot on the sentiment using glossy accents.
This is the first time I have made die cut inlay sentiment cards. I usually like popping sentiments up with mounting tape or rolled up double stick tape but I thought the colorful sentiment inlaid on the white layer looked so pretty. All four of these cards were fast and easy to make. Do you have a favorite sentiment die that you like to use? Have you used it inlaid on your card front? I hope you enjoyed seeing my clean and simple cards. Be sure to hop over to Rubbernecker to see all the new dies and check out the store wide sale. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day.