Good Monday morning. Today I’m sharing two similar die cut seagrass scene cards made using the new Rubbernecker Stamps Seagrass die paired with the new Rectangle Combo #3, Rectangle Combo #4, Deckle Hills and Small Birds. The sentiment is from the Best Friends clear stamp set. I love this seagrass die and have already asked Rubbernecker if they would create a smaller version. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
The Scenic Background
- Apply Eclipse masking tape to mask off the sky area of the background layer.
- Apply Tumbled Glass ink to the lower portion of the background layer using an ink blending tool to create the ocean.
- Remove mask and apply the clouds to the sky area using an ink blending tool and cloud template.
- Apply white embossing paste to the ocean portion of the scene by dabbing it on with your finger.
- Stamp the sentiment using Nocturne Versafine Clair.
- Apply clear glitter to the paste and then set the scene aside to dry.
The Frame, Seagrass, Sand and Birds
- Cut the frames using white cardstock.
- Cut the deck hill sections using Kraft cardstock.
- Cut the sea grass sections using green cardstock.
- Apply Antique Linen ink to the sand layers using a mini applicator.
- Attach the sand layers to the frame using double stick tape.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach to the card base.
- Tuck the seagrass in behind the sand layers and attach with glossy accents.
- Cut the birds using white cardstock, apply soft touches of Pumice Stone ink using a mini applicator and attach in the sky area using small piece of mounting tape.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my die cut seagrass scene cards. They were really fast and easy to make and I think they will brighten the day of the recipient. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great week.