Good Monday morning. Today I’m sharing two die cut train scene cards made using the Rubbernecker Stamps Train set paired with the Cloud Tree, Deckle Hills, Grass #2, Tiny Flower Buds, Flower Stems and Small Birds. This new train set is so cute and fun to play with. The set has lots of parts that makes it easy to create train cars with multiple colors. My first card uses the same basic color combination for all the cars. My second card was made with bright primary colors and reminds me of a fun circus train. The only thing missing is a couple animals sticking their heads out the windows.
Assemble The Train
- Cut the train pieces out in the colors of your choice.
- Follow the step by step directions below. These directions will live on the Rubbernecker store site with the train link.
- I used glossy accents, rolled glue dots and mounting tape to assemble and attach all the pieces.
- I modified one of the train cars by using the top roof portion of the engine housing to create a caboose.
The Scene Base
- Cut two layers of deckle hills using green cardstock.
- Apply double stick tape to the bottom and side portions of each section and attach to the card base.
- Tuck a couple small pieces of mounting tape in behind the top of each hill section so they are not flat against the card base.
- Cut three sections of train track and attach them together with glossy accents.
- Gently bend the tracks, apply glossy accents and attach them to the card base.
Complete the Die Cut Train Scene
- Cut a few sections of the grass sprigs using green cardstock.
- Cut the cloud tree trunk using Kraft cardstock and the tree tops using three colors of green cardstock.
- Tuck the tree trunks in behind the grassy hill sections and attach with strips of mounting tape.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the tree top sections and attach them to the trunk and card base.
- Tuck the grass sprigs in around the tree trunks and grass sections and attach with glossy accents.
- Cut a few flower stems using green cardstock.
- Cut a few tiny flower buds using red cardstock, form them with a tiny tipped stylus and molding pad and attach them to the flower stems.
- Tuck the flower stems in behind the grass sections and attach with glossy accents.
- Finish the card by attaching flying red birds to the sky area.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my die cut train scene cards. Don’t be put off by all the parts and pieces of this set. They all go together easily and form this precious little choo choo train. Thanks for coming by today and I hope you have a great start to your week.