Today I’m sharing a beach truck and surfboards card. I just can’t seem to stop making beach cards with the new Rubbernecker dies. This time I decided to create a flower power beach truck with a load of surfboards. I have been demonstrating at Scrapbook Expo shows with Rubbernecker and one of the questions I get asked most is where I get my card ideas. I use Google to search for photos of subjects and usually come up with great ideas. I was inspired by truck and surfboard photos found here and flower power truck photos found here. My project was made using the new Beach Umbrella, Palm Trees and surfboards from the Lifeguard Tower set. I paired them with the Truck, Sun Moon, Deckle Hills, Grass #2 and Small Birds.
The Water and Sky
- Cut a piece of masking tape and attach it to the center of the card base.
- Apply Tumbled Glass ink to the water portion of the base using an ink blending tool.
- Remove the tape and apply Tumbled Glass to the sky area using an ink blending tool and a cloud template.
- Lightly dab white embossing paste on to the water using your finger to create the sea foam.
- Apply clear glitter to the paste while it is still wet to create sparkle.
The Die Cut Images
- Cut the palm trees using Kraft and green cardstock.
- Apply Antique Linen and Vintage Photo ink to the coconuts and trunk.
- Attach the fronds and coconuts to the trunk using glossy accents.
- Cut the sand layers using Kraft cardstock and apply Antique Linen ink directly to the paper using the ink pad.
- Cut small grass sprigs using green cardstock.
- Use bright yellow cardstock to cut the sun, attach the pieces together using double stick tape and apply shimmer.
- Cut the truck designer paper and bright pink cardstock and assemble pieces using glossy accents and mounting tape.
- Cut the umbrella using designer paper and bright pink cardstock and attach pieces together using glossy accents
- Use bright colored cardstock to cut the surfboards, add details using contrasting colors and attach with glossy accents.
- Use white cardstock to cut the birds and color the wings using a gray marker.
Assemble the Beach Truck and Surfboards Scene
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the sand layers and attach to the card base.
- Tuck the palm trees in behind the sand layers and attach using strips of mounting tape.
- Use mounting tape to attach the sun in the sky area.
- Apply mounting tape to the umbrella and attach to the card base. Tuck the pole in behind the sand layer and attach using glossy accents.
- Tuck grass sprigs in behind the sand layers and attach using glossy accents.
- Attach the surfboards to the back of the truck using glossy accents and one surfboard to the sand using mounting tape.
- Use mounting tape to the attach the truck to the sand layers,
- Finish by attaching the birds in the sky using mall pieces of mounting tape.
I hope you enjoyed seeing my truck and surfboards card. I know this is my third beach card in a row and I promise I will upload something totally differernt next time. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day.
6 thoughts on “Beach Truck and Surfboards”
What a fun, tricked out truck and love the beach scene. Enjoy your day!
I purchased the truck die after one of your holiday cards and love it. Your creations are such fun. Thanks for sharing them.
How fun, when I first saw this I thought of the Love Bug!!
Oh Kittie..your the best! Honestly, this is soooo cute!
Hey Kittie I was trying to email you but the email button does not work. Anyway, will you be going to Stampfest the end of this month and doing demo’s???? I know you were at the expo, but I was unable to be there., so I was hoping…………………
I am so in love with these die scene cards! I am going to use this inspiration at a local workshop I attend on Friday! Thanks for the wonderful ideas!