I’m sharing another beach chairs and umbrella card with you today using several of the beach themed dies made by Rubbernecker Stamps. I used the Beach Chairs #2, Beach Umbrella, Lifeguard Tower, Waves, Deckle Hills, Grass #2 and Sun Moon. I used the new Cloud Stencil to create the sky background. The chairs and umbrella are almost too large to use with the lifeguard tower. I thought placing the chairs on the front of the sand layers and placing the tower in between the layers would put enough separation between them to make the tower appear further out towards the water. It’s a lot to accomplish on an A2 sized card but I like how it turned out.
The Cloud Base, Wave and Sand
- Apply Tumbled Glass ink to the card base using an ink blending tool and cloud stencil.
- Cut the waves using aqua cardstock and the sand using Kraft cardstock.
- Apply Antique Linen ink to the sand layers using the ink pad direct to paper technique.
- Attach the two wave layers and back wand layer to the card base using double stick tape.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the front sand layer and attach it to the card base.
The Beach Chairs and Umbrella
- Cut the umbrella twice, once with bright yellow cardstock and once with bright pink cardstock.
- Apply glossy accents to the back of the yellow sections and attach to the umbrella base.
- Cut the chair bodies using bright yellow cardstock and the chair slings using bright pink cardstock.
- Attach the sling sections to the chair bases using glossy accents.
The Lifeguard Tower, Sun and Grass
- Cut the lifeguard tower using Kraft cardstock and the accessory pieces using bright yellow, red and white cardstock.
- Apply Antique Linen ink using the direct to paper technique to the lifeguard tower base.
- Color the roof and fence sections using Vintage Photo ink and a mini applicator.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the roof and fence and attach to the lifeguard tower base.
- Assemble the accessories using glossy accents and attach them to the fence railing using glossy accents. Note: I used a single strand of string to create the rope for the surfboard.
- Cut the sun using yellow cardstock , apply Cosmic Shimmer Glue and clear glitter to create sparkle and set aside to dry.
- Use green cardstock to cut the grass sprigs
Assemble the Scene
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the beach chairs and umbrella and attach them to the card base.
- Use mounting tape to attach the lifeguard tower and sun to the card base.
- Tuck sprigs of grass in between the sand layers and around the chairs and attach using glossy accents.
- Create small towels to place on the back of each chair using white cardstock, thin strips of bright pink cardstock.
- Apply glossy accents to the back of each strip and attach to the white towel bases.
- Use snips to cut the fringe along the bottom of each towel.
- Fold each towel, hang over the back of each chair and attach using glossy accents.
I had so much fun making this beach chairs and umbrella card. I hope you aren’t getting tired of beach cards since we still have lots of summer season to go. I do think there will be some fun Halloween and fall cards coming in the near future. In the meantime if you want more beach chairs and umbrella card inspiration you can check out this Pinterest page. Oh…..by the way….did you know Rubbernecker Stamps has a new line of stencils? Thank you for coming by and I hope you have a good day.