Today I am SO excited to share with you one of my flower cards handmade with new dies from Rubbernecker – I can see myself using these gorgeous flowers over and over. And check out that BEAUTIFUL background! I LOVE new goodies!
Before I start my project description I w ant to show the new Rubbernecker nested dies and shaped pattern dies. I will be sharing more projects using these dies in the coming week.
I love using decorative backgrounds on my projects. For this card I used the outside cut and largest inside cut of the Nested Scallop with Holes. I paired the new nested die set with the Flowers #3 and Thank You sentiment.
The Nested Decorative Die Background
- Cut the two nested layers using white cardstock.
- Turn them face down and apply double stick tape all the way around the back to attach the two layers together.
- Apply strips of mounting tape all the way around the back of the of the decorative layers and attach it to the card base.
- Cut another portion of the two layers to use for the sentiment , attach them together and set them aside to attach after building the flower arrangement.
The Flowers and Sentiment
- Use white cardstock to cut the flowers and green cardstock to cut the stems. I cut two sets of each.
- Apply Wild Honey ink to the petals and Vintage Photo ink to the top center part using mini applicators.
- Form the flowers using a large round stylus and molding pad.
- Attach the flowers to the stems using glossy accents.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the stems and small squares to the back of each flower.
- Arrange and attach the flowers and stems to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment o the nested die cut section using Acorn Versafine Clair ink and trim.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the sentiment strip and attach to the card base.
To be honest, any flower cards handmade by you are special – adding these new dies to your lineup will only give you even MORE creative options! I can’t wait to show you some of the other cards I’ve made using the new nested and patterned dies with this same flower. They will show how just how changing up the background can create a totally different card and yet using the same flowers. Thank you for coming by and I hope you have a great weekend.
Here are the dies and sentiment stamp I used for this project.
Here are the tools and supplies used.
All flower cards handmade by you are special.