I have been feeling very drawn to setting aside time to make some bright colored handmade cards. Maybe it’s because everything is so unsure right now but I am definitely cheered up by using bright, punchy colors and, of course, pretty flowers like on this card – take a peek! The bright yellow designer paper is the perfect backdrop to allow the crisp white windows and colorful flower vases to pop. For this project I used the Rubbernecker Arch Trellis, Rectangle Combo #2, Vases and Shelves, Leaves and Greenery, Small Flowers #1 and Tiny Flower Buds.
The Framed Card Base and Arched Windows
- Cut a piece of yellow designer paper 5.50″ x 4.25″ and attach it to the card base using ATG adhesive.
- Use white cardstock to cut the rectangle frame and arched trellis windows. Cut one long side of the rectangle frame.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the card base.
- Use pieces of mounting tape to attach the arched windows to the card base.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the single scallop frame layer and attach to the bottom of the frame and windows.
The Bright Colored Flower Vases
- Cut the vases using pink, aqua and bright yellow cardstock.
- Use green cardstock to cut the foliage and aqua, pink and bright pink cardstock to cut the flowers.
- Attach the foliage sections to the back of the vases using glossy accents.
- Form all the flowers using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Attach the flowers to the foliage using glossy accents.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the bases, tuck them in behind the scalloped layer and attach to the card base.
Hopefully, making your own batch of bright colored handmade cards will show those you love and care for how much you want to cheer them up AND keep you feeling cheerful yourself! Check out this Pinterest link to see lots and lots of brightly colored cards.I sure do appreciate you coming by and I hope each one of you are taking good care to be safe out there!
Here are the dies used for my card.
Here are the tools supplies used for this card.
Hopefully, making your own batch of bright colored handmade cards will show those you love and care for how much you want to cheer them up AND keep you feeling cheerful yourself!