Spring is here and it’s the perfect season to make cards with bright paper flowers. The bright flowers and foliage really come to life when arranged on an all white card base. For this pretty card I used the Rubbernecker Mixed Flower Stack, Large Ivy, Small Flowers #1, Stacked Butterflies and Rectangle Combo #2.
The Rectangle Frame
- Cut the rectangle frames using white cardstock.
- Turn the frame sections face down and attach the sections together using double stick tape.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock to fit behind the frame opening and attach it to the back of the frames using pieces of mounting tape.
- Use bright pink cardstock to cut the rectangle layer to fit behind the frames and attach it using strips of mounting tape.
- Finish by attaching the framed layers to the card base using strips of mounting tape.
The Bright Paper Flowers, Ivy and Butterfly
- Use bright pink cardstock to cut two full sections of the Mixed Flower Stack, one set of the small flowers and the butterfly..
- Form the large flower layers by placing them all face down on the molding pad and roll over the petals using a round stylus.
- Turn the flower sections face up on the molding pad and push down in the centers using a small tipped stylus to push all the petals up.
- Attach the flower sections together using glossy accents. Make sure to offset the petals of each layer to create a natural looking flower.
- Place the small flowers face up on the molding pad and form them using a small tipped stylus.
- Cut the ivy using green cardstock, place the branches on the molding pad and gently form the leaves using the leaf tool. Note: All the the tools I have mentioned can be found in the Paper Sculpting Kit.
Finish the Card
- Attach the flower to the frames using a good amount of glossy accents.
- Tuck the ivy branches under the flower and attach using glossy accents.
- Use glossy accents to attach the small flowers to the ivy branches.
- Gently bend the butterfly wings up, apply glossy accents to the back of the butterfly and attach it inside the frame opening.
- Finish by attaching white pre made Nuvo Crystal Drops to the flower center and the body of the butterfly using glossy accents.
Bright paper flowers are “just the thing” to create a cheerful and uplifting card. Wouldn’t this be the perfect card to send to family and friends to cheer them up during this crazy time we are experiencing right now to let them know you are thinking of them! I would like to invite you to check out my paper flower shaping video posted yesterday to see another brightly colored flower. And for lots of colorful paper flower inspiration check out this Pinterest link. I hope you are taking this time while social distancing to create beautiful projects of your own. I sure do appreciate you coming by and I hope you have a great week. Be careful and safe out there!
Here are the dies used for my project.
Here are the tools and supplies used.
Bright paper flowers are just the thing to create cheerful and uplifting cards.