I love creating feminine greeting cards with floral themes and pretty color combinations. For this project I created a park bench scene with a soft aqua sky background and pretty purple flowers growing on the vines. I love how this color combination is accentuated with the white frame and bench. This would be perfect for a any occasion. I used the Rubbernecker Rectangle Combo #2, Tree Panel #1, Park Bench, Grass, Grass #2, Flower Buds, Flower Stems and Tiny Flower Buds.
The Frame, Grass and Tree Panel
- Cut the card base , background layer and rectangle frame using white cardstock.
- Apply Tumbled Glass ink to the background layer using a large blender brush.
- Use green cardstock to cut the grass sections and tree panel.
- Apply 1/8″ double stick tape to the back of the frame.
- Trim the tree panel and attach it to the back of the frame.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and tree panel.
- Attach one grass section to the back of the frame and attach the frame to the blue background layer.
- Apply double stick tape to the back of the framed blue background and attach it to the card base.
- Attach the second grass section to the front of the frame using double stick tape.
The Park Bench and Flowers
- Cut the park bench using white cardstock and purple cardstock to cut the small flower buds and tiny flower buds.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the park bench, tuck it in behind the grass and attach to the card base.
- Apply a green dot in the center of the larger flowers using a green marker.
- Use green cardstock to cut the flower stems and grass sprigs.
- Place the flowers face up on the molding pad and form using a small tipped stylus.
- Attach the larger flowers to the tree panel using glossy accents.
- Create a tiny floral bouquet for the bench using the tiny flower buds and flower stems.
- Cut a very thin strip of purple cardstock to create a tiny bow and attach it to the small bouquet using glossy accents.
- Finish by attaching the small bouquet to the park bench using glossy accents.
We all have lots of occasions to send feminine greeting cards. I think this card with the soft color combination would be perfect for Mother’s Day. Using brightly colored flowers like I did on my Lamp Post and Fence card are perfect as well. You can find tons of feminine card inspiration on this Pinterest link. Thank you for coming by today and I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend.
Here is a list of the dies used for my card.
Here are the tools and supplies that I used.
We all have lots of occasions to send feminine greeting cards