Making this precious slimline honey bee card was so much fun. I always love getting new dies and the Rubbernecker July die release gave me plenty to play with. This card was made using the new Slimline OPC Scallop and Bee with Hive Set paired with the Nested Square Set, Grass, Large Ivy and Flower Buds.
The Slimline Frame and Card Base
- Use white cardstock to cut an 8.50″ x 7.00″ card base and score lengthwise at 3.50″.
- Cut the slimline frame using white cardstock and the three matting frames using aqua cardstock.
- Use aqua cardstock to cut an 8.25″ x 3.25″ piece to layer behind the frame.
- Cut three green grass sections to layer inside the frames.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the slimline frame and attach the square matting frames.
- Use ATG adhesive to attach the grass layers to the back of the frames.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the slimline frame and attach it to the aqua layer.
- Finish by applying ATG adhesive to the back of the completed frame layer and attach it to the white card base.
The Bees and Hive
- Cut the bee bodies using black and bright yellow cardstock and the wings using vellum cardstock.
- Assemble the bee sections and attach together using glossy accents. Note: I made the second bee facing the opposite direction by turning the black cap and antennae over and using the back side of the pieces.
- Cut the hive using bright yellow and light brown cardstock.
- Use glossy accents to attach the hive stripes to the hive base.
The Flowers and Foliage
- Cut the large and small flowers using bright yellow cardstock.
- Use white cardstock to cut the large round flower centers.
- Form the small and large flowers using a molding pad and small tipped stylus.
- Attach two large flower sections together for each flower using glossy accents.
- Apply a small piece of mounting tape in each flower center and attach the white centers.
- Cut the Ivy using green cardstock and form each leaf on the molding pad using the leaf tool from the tool kit..
Assemble the Honey Bee Card
- Tuck the ivy branches in behind the frames and attach using glossy accents.
- Attach three large flowers to the ivy in each of the end frames using glossy accents.
- Attach the hive to the card base using a piece of mounting tape.
- Finish by attaching the tiny flowers to the ivy branches surrounding the hive using glossy accents.
I think the bees and flowers in this honey bee card are so sweet. The flowers in the set were made large enough so the bees could appear to land on them. I am so in love with this Slimline OPC Scallop die and my head spins with the all possibilities. Can you imagine what you have in your collection of stamps and dies that would be perfect inside those frames? Check out yesterday’s post to see five cards that I made using all the new slimline dies. You can also see the complete list of the newly released dies. Thanks for coming by and I sure do hope you have a wonderful and safe July 4th holiday.
Here are the dies used to make my card.
Here are the tools and supplies used.