Today I am sharing a cute, summery, tropical slimline lighthouse card. As I have mentioned, I am really liking all the extra space these long and narrow slimline cards offer for building scenes like I did with this card. And I just LOVE that diagonal stripe background – that’s one of the brand new slimline dies from Rubbernecker that will be released tomorrow. I just couldn’t wait to give you a sneak peek .
The Diagonal Background and Card Base
- Cut the card base, the Slimline OPC Diagonal and a 3″ x 8″ layer using white cardstock.
- Apply Beachside ink to the white layer using a blender brush to create the blue sky background for the scene.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the slimline and attach it to the blue layer.
- Use ATG adhesive to attach the slimline and blue layer to the card base.
Sand Layers, Palm Trees and Grass
- Use Kraft cardstock to cut three 3″ sand layer sections.
- Apply Antique Linen ink by swiping the ink pad directly over the paper.
- Cut the palm trees using Kraft and green cardstock.
- Apply Antique Ink to the tree trunks using a mini applicator.
- Gently bend the palm fronds using your fingers and attach them to the tree trunks using glossy accents.
- Use green cardstock to cut the grass sections.
The Lighthouse, Sun and Bird
- Cut the lighthouse sections using red, white and blue cardstock.
- Attach the lighthouse pieces together using glossy accents.
- Use bright yellow cardstock to cut the sun.
- Cut the small bird using white cardstock and color the wings using a mini applicator and Chill ink.
Finish the Scene
- Apply double stick tape to the back of the sand layers and attach them to the card front.
- Tuck the lighthouse sections in behind the sand layers and attach using small pieces of mounting tape.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the palm trees and attach them to the card front.
- Tuck the small grass sprigs in behind the sand layers and attach them using glossy accents.
- Use a piece of mounting tape to attach the sun to the top of the card front.
- Finish by attaching the bird to the card front using a small piece of mounting tape.
Here’s a look at the Slimline OPC Diagonal die. Be sure to check out Rubbernecker’s full release of Slimline dies tomorrow.
I like this slimline lighthouse card so much I might have to do variations on it – what do you think? Rubbernecker released several new slimline dies earlier this month. Take a look at my Slimline Category to see all the fun cards I have made with them. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day.
Here are the Rubbernecker products used for this project.