You might have seen this card and I got so many nice comments about it, I decided to make a SLIMLINE camping card. As I have said, I wasn’t 100% sure how I felt about these slimline dies but when I started using them I realized how FUN they are! They give you so much more space to add extra details and this slimline camping card shows that off so well. And I got to use even more of those fabulous new cardmaking dies from Rubbernecker!
For this camping card I used the Slimline Solid Deckle, Deckle Hills, Camping Tent, Picnic Table, Camp Fire, Camping Items, Cooler, Leaf Group and Tiny flower Buds.
Slimline Scene Base and Grass Layer
- Cut a 3.50″ x 8.50″ card base using aqua cardstock and a slimline deckle layer using white card stock.
- Cut two deckle hills section using green cardstock.
- Use the slimline deckle frame to cut the edges and bottom of both deckle hill sections.
- Mask off the edges of the deckle layer using masking tape.
- Apply the blue sky background using a large blender brush and blue ink and then remove tape.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the deckle scene layer and attach it to the card base.
- Attach strips of mounting tape to the back of the deckle hills layers and attach them to the scene layer.
The Camping Tent and Picnic Table
- Cut the fence sections out using green, aqua and white cardstock.
- Assemble the pieces and attach them together using rolled up strips of double stick tape.
- Cut the picnic table and benches using Kraft cardstock and color them using a mini applicator and brown ink.
- Use gingham designer paper to cut the tablecloth section.
- Attach the table cloth to the picnic table using rolled up strips of double stick tape.
- Tuck the tent, table and benches in behind the grass sections and attach them using pieces of mounting tape.
The Camping Accessories
- Cut the cooler using red, white and black cardstock. and assemble the pieces using glossy accents.
- Use gray cardstock to cut the lantern, cups and coffee pot.
- Cut the campfire sections using bright yellow cardstock and Kraft cardstock.
- Color the camp fire rocks using a mini applicator and brown ink and attach the pieces together using glossy accents.
- Attach the flame sections to the rocks using glossy accents.
- Apply touches of yellow and red stickles to the flame to create the sparkle of fire.
- Attach the lantern, coffee pot and cups and camp fire to the scene using rolled up glue dots and mounting tape.
Finish the Scene
- Use green cardstock to cut the branches and grass sprigs and yellow cardstock to cut the tiny flowers.
- Form the tiny flowers using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Attach the tiny flowers to the green branches using glossy accents.
- Tuck the grass sprigs and flower branches in behind the grass layers and attach using glossy accents.
Here is the list of items I used to make this cute card:
5322-05D Slimline Solid Deckle Die
5173-02D Deckle Hills Die Cut
5323-03D Camping Tent Die
5202-08D Picnic Tables Die Cut
5323-01D Camp Fire Die
5323-02D Camping Items Die
5313-03D Cooler Die
Leaf Group die 5118D
Tiny Flower Buds Die Cut 5147-10D
Color Fuse Set #9
Color Fuse Set #3
Sizzix – Paper Sculpting Kit
Life Changing Blender Brush Set,…
Mini Applicators, 12 pk, PanPastel Sofft
Scotch Foam Mounting Tape
5mm (1/4″), Be Creative Tape
ATG Kit, Advanced Tape Glider
Mini Glossy Accents, Ranger Accents
Teflon Bone Folder, Essentials by Ellen
Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 12×12
Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting…
Ranger Stickles, Yellow
Ranger Stickles, Christmas Red
If you love camping OR know people who do (’cause, truly, not everyone loves camping!), you might want to make a camping card like this to bring or send to show off your love of the pursuit AND your skills!