You all know by know I love making paper flower embellishments for my cards. From teeny tiny flowers to this single, larger dimensional paper flower, these gorgeous, often very realistic embellishments can be either a decoration OR a focal point on a card. To make this card I used Rubbernecker’s Nested Rectangle Scallop with Holes, Mixable Flower Stack, Large Ivy and Best Friend Clear Stamps.
The Card Base and Sentiment Layer
- Use white cardstock to cut the A2 sized card base and the scalloped layer.
- Cut a 1.25″ layer using purple cardstock and use the scalloped die to cut the ends to match the scalloped layer.
- Pat the sentiment layer using the embossing magic bag on the scalloped layer to remove static cling.
- Stamp the sentiment on the scalloped layer using VersaMark, sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the purple strip and attach it to the scalloped layer.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the scalloped layer and attach to the card base.
The Flower and Ivy Embellishment
- Cut four of the largest flower in the set using purple cardstock.
- Use green cardstock to cut four of the large ivy sections.
- Place the flower sections face down on the molding pad and use the small round stylus to mold each petal.
- Turn the flower sections face up and push down in the center of each flower to push the petals up.
- Attach the flower layers together using glossy accents and make sure to stagger each layer to create a natural looking flower.
- Note: Check out my Paper Shaping video tutorial if you would like to see the steps of how I form these flowers.
- Apply glossy accents to the back of the flower and attach it to the scalloped layer.
- Tuck the ivy branches under the flower and attach using glossy accents. Note: I trimmed the ivy branches to shorten to fit well with the flowers.
- Embellish the flower with a large white pearl.
Using a few of my tips and tricks, you can make beautiful paper flower embellishments like this pretty purple blossom as focal features on your own handmade cards. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day.
Making beautiful paper flower embellishments like this pretty purple blossom is so much fun!