One of my latest card ideas for friends who could use a smile!
I love coming up with card ideas for friends and this one uses both older and newer dies and I think they work together so well! I love to use a pretty frame to highlight the main focus of my card. For this card I used the Rectangle Combo #2 OPC to create the frame and layered it over top of the Nested Scallop with Half Holes. I used the Friend Script with Shadow and the Build a Phrase #1 to create the sentiment and used the Gentian and Stems to embellish the card and add one more element of the color purple.
The Card Base and Frame
- Use white cardstock to cut the A2 sized card base and frame sections.
- Turn the frame sections face down and apply double stick tape to attach the layers together.
- Use purple cardstock to cut the scalloped layer and attach it to the card base using ATG adhesive.
- Stamp the Best sentiment on the white layer using VersaMark and emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Attach the sentiment layer to the purple scalloped layer using ATG adhesive.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the card base.
- Cut the Friend sentiment and Shadow using purple and white cardstock.
- Apply strips of rolled up 1/8″ double stick tape to the back of the Friend script and attach it to the shadow layer. Pro Tip: Using the rolled up 1/8″ tape allows the script word to be popped up slightly on the shadow and creates more interest and dimension. It takes a little bit more work than using glue but I think it is well worth the effort.
- Apply glossy accents to the back of the shadow layer and attach it to the card base.
- Use purple and green cardstock to cut the flowers and stems.
- Attach the flower sections together using glossy accents and rolled up glue dots. Pro Tip: Applying a rolled up 1/8″ glue dot to the top of the back flower section allows the two sections to have a bit of separation. Using a touch of glossy accents to the bottom of the back flower section will secure the two flower sections together.
- Check out my How to Make Paper Flowers Step by Step Video to see how I put these flowers together.
- Use glossy accents to attach the flowers to the stems.
- Apply small pieces of mounting to the back of the flowers and bloom and glossy accents to the stems and attach to the the frame.
- Pro Tip: This card is mostly purple and white and can be challenging to get good pictures. Adding the third color makes the camera much happier and provides much better pictures.
I hope you save this to your card ideas for friends file because you can change up the colors, the kind of flowers, the frame…..just about anything and you will still have a card that is loaded with love! You can several more examples of how to use die cut sentiments on my Different Ways to Use Die Cut Words post.