Here’s another card featuring the fun use of embossing paste snow!
I got tons of comments on this card with embossing paste snow and since I had so much fun making it and you all love it, I thought I would make another one! I loaded the scene up with my fun take on dimensional snow this time because, clearly, we needed the snow to make our little icy friend!
Card Base and Snowy Background
- Use white cardstock to cut an A2 sized card base and two snow layers.
- Cut a 5.50″ x 4.25″ piece of navy cardstock.
- Secure the Splatter Background stamp and navy cardstock in the MISTI.
- Apply touches of embossing magic to the cardstock to prevent static cling.
- Apply white pigment ink to the stamp and stamp the navy layer.
- Sprinkle white embossing paste on the navy layer and heat with the heat gun.
- Attach the navy snow layer to the card base using ATG adhesive.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of one snow layer and attach it to the card base.
- Apply a strip of mounting tape to the back of the second snow layer and attach it to the card base.
Embossing Paste Snow
- Cut the large tree using tan cardstock and cut the evergreen trees using green cardstock.
- Apply touches of snow to the tree branches using white embossing paste and a small stylus and then sprinkle with clear glitter.
- Use a small stylus to apply embossing paste to the evergreen trees and sprinkle with clear glitter.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape and a few tiny pop dots to the back of the tree, tuck it behind the snow layer and attach it to the card base.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the evergreen trees, tuck them in behind the front snow layer and attach to the card base.
- Use white, black, orange and pink cardstock to cut the snow man parts.
- Attach the snowman head to the body using glossy accents.
- Apply touches of pink ink to the scarf and hat band using a mini applicator.
- Attach the pink hat band to the hat using glossy accents.
- Attach the hat to the snowman head using a piece of mounting tape.
- Use glossy accents to attach the scarf to the neck of the snowman.
- Attach the eyes, mouth and nose to the snowman face using glossy accents.
- Cut a greenery branch using green cardstock, cut off a few tips and attach them to the hat and scarf using glossy accents.
- Finish by attaching 1/8″ punched pink circles to the greenery sprigs.
3461 Splatter Background
5403D Half Tree Die
5337-03D Winter Snowmen Die
5217-01D Evergreen Tree Die
5173-02D Deckle Hills Die Cut
Greenery #1 Die Cut 5162-09D
Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting…
Color Fuse Set #4
The Color Catalog by Sarah Renae Clark
Ranger Ink – Basics Embossing Powder…
Hero Arts – Hero Hues – Pigment Ink…
Altenew – Embossing Paste
PanPastel Sofft Tools – Knife and…
Dry Glitter – Clear Rock Candy,…
Mini Applicators, 12 pk, PanPastel Sofft
Embossing Magic Bag, Inkadinkado
Embossing Gun (Wagner), Hero Arts
New MISTI Stamping Tool – The Most…
Amazon.com: Scotch CAT 085 Advanced…
Mini Glossy Accents, Ranger Accents
Amazon.com: Mini Foam Dots…
Amazon.com: Scotch 1/2-Inch by…
Fiskars 01-005452 Recycled Bypass…
Teflon Bone Folder, Essentials by Ellen
Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 12×12
Glue Dots, Mini (3/16″)
Amazon.com : Accent Opaque White 8.5”…
I would love to hear if you’ve tried using embossing past snow on any of your cards and what you think about it. I love easy, fun tricks that add dimension, texture and just plain FUN to my cards so stay tuned and check back for any new discoveries I share!