Today I am celebrating with Rubbernecker!
It’s their birthday and I am thrilled to be a participant in their Rubbernecker Birthday Celebration Blog Hop. You just have to pop over to their site and see all the goodies they have to celebrate their 29 years of providing some of the best stamps, dies and fun card making products!
The Rubbernecker Birthday Blog Hop is being hosted on the Rubbernecker Blog. Leave a comment on each blog post in the hop for a chance to win the 4 stamp sets below worth over $60. One winner will be chosen on 2/6. See the complete designer list and the Blog Hop Prize at the bottom of my post.
I decided to make Rubbernecker a birthday card and used the brand new Rubbernecker Birthday Vase Set, Mini Slimline Window Cover, Large Ivy and Flower Buds. Isn’t this just so springy?
Mini Slimline Card Base and Mini Slimline Window Cover
- Use white cardstock to cut a 6.00″ x 7.00″ layer and score down the center to create a 6.00″ x 3.50″ card base.
- Cut the Mini Slimline Window Cover using white cardstock.
- Use purple cardstock to cut the frame for the sentiment layer.
- Turn the cover face down, apply thin strips of mounting tape around the border and a few small pieces on the inner cross strips and attach it to the card base. Pro Tip: Adding pieces of mounting tape to several key spots on the inner strips will keep the center of the cover from collapsing.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Birthday Vase Set using Versa and heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Turn the purple frame face down, insert the sentiment layer inside the frame and attach the two together using double stick tape.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and sentiment, insert it in the open frame and attach to the card base.
The Floral Arrangements
- Use green cardstock to cut several sets of the Large Ivy and purple cardstock to cut the Flower Buds.
- Place the ivy sections face up on the molding pad and form them by placing the leaf tool in the center of each leaf and gently pushing down.
- Place the flowers face up on the molding pad and push down in the center of each with a small tipped stylus. Pro Tip: Shaping to the flowers and leaves adds dimension for a more realistic floral arrangement.
- Attach several flowers to each ivy branch using glossy accents.
- Arrange the flower and ivy branches to both corners of the window die and attach using glossy accents.
Design Team Hop Links
I think it’s really nice that Rubbernecker is celebrating their own birthday by giving gifts to all of us so be sure to participate in this Rubbernecker Birthday Celebration Blog Hop, get some great inspiration, check out all the new goodies and even maybe win some to bring home!
Purple is my favorite color. so of course I love this birthday card!
Gorgeous!! Your creations are always so inspiring! 💜💜
OMG this card has elegance written all over it….thanks for sharing
WOW! This card is a stunning make. Love all the details those tiny flowers add.
Thank you, another great idea for all the little flowers I have!
Beautiful cards, very excited for this release
Oh Kittie I am ALWAYS inspired by your creations! It’s like you made this card just for me lol … I love purple & flowers. BEAUTIFUL!!
Wow – Beautiful card.
Love the purple flowers with the stark white background.
The window with the pretty purple flowers is definitely on our Must Get List for this release, such a beautiful card.
So beautiful! I love the dimension from the flowers!
Well that is just beautiful. I love the mass of flowers, and the trellis behind!
So beautiful, you put a lot of work into this card, very well done
WHOA! It must have taken forever to glue all those flowers perfectly! WOW!
Beautiful layering and dimension! I love the flowers!
A really beautiful card. Thanks for the pro tips you added in your tutorial. They’re quite helpful.
Such a beautiful card! I love the flowers.
I’m loving the slim line card size! Another great cover die that is on my wish list.
When it’s -6F outside, it is definitely time to “Think Spring”!
Beautiful I am such a fan
WOW! This looks like it was a lot of work, but it turned out to be STUNNING! Love this!
This is so pretty. I like the little flowers and the framing.
Such a gorgeous Kittie creation!😍 Happy birthday to Rubbernecker!🥳