Today I am celebrating with Rubbernecker!
It’s their birthday and I am thrilled to be a participant in their Rubbernecker Birthday Celebration Blog Hop. You just have to pop over to their site and see all the goodies they have to celebrate their 29 years of providing some of the best stamps, dies and fun card making products!
The Rubbernecker Birthday Blog Hop is being hosted on the Rubbernecker Blog. Leave a comment on each blog post in the hop for a chance to win the 4 stamp sets below worth over $60. One winner will be chosen on 2/6. See the complete designer list and the Blog Hop Prize at the bottom of my post.
I decided to make Rubbernecker a birthday card and used the brand new Rubbernecker Birthday Vase Set, Mini Slimline Window Cover, Large Ivy and Flower Buds. Isn’t this just so springy?
Mini Slimline Card Base and Mini Slimline Window Cover
- Use white cardstock to cut a 6.00″ x 7.00″ layer and score down the center to create a 6.00″ x 3.50″ card base.
- Cut the Mini Slimline Window Cover using white cardstock.
- Use purple cardstock to cut the frame for the sentiment layer.
- Turn the cover face down, apply thin strips of mounting tape around the border and a few small pieces on the inner cross strips and attach it to the card base. Pro Tip: Adding pieces of mounting tape to several key spots on the inner strips will keep the center of the cover from collapsing.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Birthday Vase Set using Versa and heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Turn the purple frame face down, insert the sentiment layer inside the frame and attach the two together using double stick tape.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and sentiment, insert it in the open frame and attach to the card base.
The Floral Arrangements
- Use green cardstock to cut several sets of the Large Ivy and purple cardstock to cut the Flower Buds.
- Place the ivy sections face up on the molding pad and form them by placing the leaf tool in the center of each leaf and gently pushing down.
- Place the flowers face up on the molding pad and push down in the center of each with a small tipped stylus. Pro Tip: Shaping to the flowers and leaves adds dimension for a more realistic floral arrangement.
- Attach several flowers to each ivy branch using glossy accents.
- Arrange the flower and ivy branches to both corners of the window die and attach using glossy accents.
Design Team Hop Links
3493 Birthday Vase Set
5429D Mini Slimline Window Cover
5162-02D Large Ivy
Flower Buds Die Cut 5147-09D
The Color Catalog by Sarah Renae Clark
Sizzix – Paper Sculpting Kit
Paper Blossom Tool Kit 4/Pkg
Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
Scotch Advanced Tape Glider & Tape
VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
Mirror Gold Embossing Powder
Embossing Gun (Wagner), Hero Arts
Amazon.com : Dahle 550 Professional…
Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting…
Mini Glossy Accents, Ranger Accents
Amazon.com: Mini Foam Dots…
Amazon.com: Scotch 1/2-Inch by…
Teflon Bone Folder, Essentials by Ellen
Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 12×12
Glue Dots, Mini (3/16″)
Amazon.com : Accent Opaque White 8.5”…
I think it’s really nice that Rubbernecker is celebrating their own birthday by giving gifts to all of us so be sure to participate in this Rubbernecker Birthday Celebration Blog Hop, get some great inspiration, check out all the new goodies and even maybe win some to bring home!