Check out some new props for your handmade garden themed cards!
You all know I love creating handmade garden themed cards – how can I NOT when Rubbernecker keeps coming out with the most fabulous additions to these scenes? Like the vintage styled water pump, new watering cans, gorgeous new flower shapes…….. I could just get lost in these little gardens of my own making! Shall we take a closer look.
To make this card I used the newly released Inside Scallop Frame, Outside Scallop Frame, Old Water Pump, Watering Cans, Old Wooden Cart, Half Tree, Tiny Flowers #2, Tiny Leaves #2, Grass and Small Butterflies.
Card Base, Frames and Grass
- Use white cardstock to cut an A2 sized card base.
- Cut the largest Outside Scallop Frame and the second sized Inside Scallop Frame using aqua cardstock.
- Turn both frames face down on your work table, placing the smaller frame inside the larger and attach them together using double stick tape.
- Cut two section of Grass using green cardstock.
- Attach one grass section directly to the back of the frames using double stick tape.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the second grass section and attach it to the card base.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frames and attach them to the card base.
Tree, Leaves and Flowers
- Use Kraft cardstock to cut the Half Tree and color it using brown ink and a wet baby wipe.
- Use green cardstock to cut several of the smallest leaves from the Tiny Leaves #2 set and attach them to the tree branches using glossy accents.
- Cut a couple sections of the Tiny Flowers #2, place them face up on the molding pad and form them by pushing down in the center of each using a small tipped stylus.
- Attach the tiny flowers to the leaves using glossy accents.
- Apply a strip of mounting tape to the back of the tree trunk and a few tiny pop dots to the back of a few of the flowers.
- Make the tree fit within the frame by cutting off the largest branch and reattach it with glossy accents so it doesn’t hang so far over the scene.
Water Pump and Watering Can
- Use Kraft cardstock to cut the Old Water Pump and add shading to the parts using brown ink and a mini applicator.
- Assemble the parts together using glossy accents, tuck it in behind the grass and attach it in place using a strip of mounting tape.
- Cut the Watering Can using light blue cardstock and add touches of rust using rust colored ink and a mini applicator and set it aside.
Flowers, Foliage and Butterflies
- Cut several sections of the Tiny Flowers #2 using pink, yellow and purple cardstock and form them using the small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Use green cardstock to cut three sections of the foliage from the Old Wooden Cart set.
- Attach the tiny flowers to the foliage sections using glossy accents.
- Tuck the flowers and foliage sections behind the grass and attach in place using glossy accents.
- Attach the watering can to the frame and grass using a piece of mounting tape.
- Finish the scene by cutting three butterflies and attaching them to the scene using glossy accents.
I love coming up with ideas for handmade garden themed cards, especially with a spring theme and pastel colors. Check out my Spring Category for more inspiration.
Aren’t all these new additions so fun? I just love that we can recreate scenes from our favorite books, movies, memories using all these easy to use die cuts. It really ups my handmade garden themed cards collection and lets me be as creative as I can be!