Good Monday morning. I have a watercolor project to share with you that ended up with some die cuts as well. I used the Art Impressions Watercolor Containers, Watercolor Flower Set, Watercolor Foliage Set and paired them with the Impression Obsession Foliage set, tiny flowers from the Elizabeth Craft Designs Garden Edges Hyacinth and framed with the My Favorite Things Pierced Square Frames. I must say that this whole card started out going in one direction and due to a comedy of errors ended up totally different.
I started stamping the bucket on watercolor paper using Hickory Smoke ink and then lightly filled in using the same ink and my waterbrush. The I finished it by adding touches of Rusty Hinge ink to age the bucket. I stamped the bucket again on removable labeling tape, cut it out and used it as a mask. I covered the bucket with the mask and stamped foliage and flowers using Peeled Paint and Worn Lipstick inks to fill the bucket with a large arrangement. I lightly touched the foliage and flowers with my waterbrush to soften the ink. I used a grass image and flower image and stamped the ground area using Peeled Paint and Wilted Violet. I used the waterbrush to soft the flowers and fill in the grass area. I ended up not being pleased with my flower arrangement in the bucket so I cut out the bucket and grass and flowers around it. I cut another piece of watercolor paper, lined up the bucket on the paper, marked it with a pencil and then proceeded to recreate the flower arrangement. I soften the arrangement with the waterbrush and really like this arrangement better. I stamped more grass and flowers on the second piece of watercolor paper so that it would fill in around the bucket. I sponged Tumbled Glass ink in the sky area. I applied ATG adhesive to the bucket/grass layer and attached it to the second piece of watercolor paper and making sure to get it lined up perfectly.
Once I got the bucket grass layer attached over the second layer I didn’t feel satisfied with how it looked. Maybe because I am obsessed with dimension. LOL! The bucket looked a little odd popped up more than the flowers in the arrangement. So cut some foliage pieces with green cardstock but colored them over with a Peeled Paint marker to make them as green as the stamped grass and foliage. I tucked the small pieces of foliage in behind the bucket and attached with glossy accents. I knew I had to add some kind of flower to match the stamped flowers in the background so I got out Susan’s Garden Edges Hyacinth set and used the tiny multi flower die to cut pink flowers. I formed them with a mini stylus and molding pad and attached them to the foliage with glossy accents. Well….now that I had dimension in the flower arrangement I knew I had to add some tiny purple flowers to the ground area to balance out the scene.
Here’s a closer view of the scene from the side. You can see the cut lines on the bucket but it’s really hard to see the cut line of the front grass area. I applied mounting tape to the back of the frame and attached it over the scene.
Thanks for coming by today and I hope you have a great Monday to begin your week.
Card size: 5” Square