Dare To Get Dirty Day 1
I have a fun beach scene card with die cuts to share with you today made for day one of the Splitcoaststampers Dare To Get Dirty week long challenge event. This event is a special thank you to all of the fan club members who support the site all year long. Have you had a desire to be on the Dirty Dozen design team? This special week of challenges will give you tons of opportunity to be inspired and to show off your wonderful and creative projects right along with the current Dirty Dozen team as well as the alumni team members. Are you a member of the Splitcoaststampers Fan Club? If not go here to check out all the benefits of being a member. If you are a member hop right on over the special challenge forum here.
The Frame, Sand, Water and Sky
I started by cutting the frame, two hand cut sand layers and the water and sky scene layer. I applied Antique Linen and Tumbled Glass inks to the frame with ink blending tools and cloud templates. I wanted the scene to carry seamlessly from the frame to the background scene. I applied the tan ink to both hand cut sand sections. Next I used a background stamp and Vintage Photo ink to stamp a bit of texture to the hand cut sand pieces as well as the frame.
I applied tan ink to the scene base to create the beach, masked off the water line and applied the blue ink to create the ocean. I removed the mask and created the cloudy sky using blue ink and a cloud template. I finished the scene base by dabbing white embossing paste to the water using my finger to create sea foam and then applied clear glitter to add shimmer to the scene.
I applied double stick tape to the lower back portion of the frame and attached one of the hand cut sand sections. Next I applied mounting tape to the back of the frame, attached it to the scene base and then attached the whole frame scene to the white card base.
Assembling the Beach Scene Card with Die Cuts
I cut the chairs, birds, umbrella, grass, flip flops and bucket. I cut the umbrella two times, once in blue and again in yellow to create the colorful layers. I repeated the same colors for the bucket, flip flops and bucket. The chairs and birds were cut using white. I applied Pumice Stone ink to the birds using a mini applicator. The grass was cut using green cardstock.
The front sand sections was attached to the frame using thin strips of mounting tape. The chairs and umbrella were attached in behind the sand using pieces of mounting tape. I secured the grass sections in around the chairs and attached with glossy accents. The birds were attached in the sky using pieces of mounting tape. The flip flops were attached with glossy accents and the bucket was tucked in behind the sand and attached with mounting tape. I cut a few strips of blue cardstock, attached it to a piece of yellow cardstock, frayed the edges to create the appearance of a towel and then attached it over the arm of the Adirondack chair with glossy accents and mounting tape.