Good Wednesday morning. I have a pretty die cut pine tree snow scene to share with you today using the new Rubbernecker Tree in Oval and Pine Tree Forest paired with a bunny from the Bunnies set and Small Birds. I love making winter snow scenes and I thought the large tree with the smaller trees off in the distance were perfect together. I couldn’t resist adding touches of color with the red birds and adding the bunny gazing up at the star on top of the tree.
The Tree in Oval Frame
- Cut the tree in oval and two sets of the pine tree forest.
- Hand cut two snow layers to fit behind the oval frame.
- Apply double stick tape to the lower half of the frame and attach the first snow layer.
- Attach double stick tape to the back of the first snow layer and attach the second layer.
- Apply small pieces of mounting tape all the way around the back of the oval frame, to the back of the trees and across the back of the second snow layer.
- Attach the pine tree forest to the back of the snow layer and then attach the whole framed scene to the blue card base.
- Trim three trees off the second pine tree layer and tuck in behind the front snow layer and attach with mounting tape.
- Use a tiny tipped damp brush and white gesso to create the falling snow.
- Dip the brush tip in the gesso and apply tiny dots to the sky area and trees in a random pattern.
- Cut the bunny using white cardstock.
- Apply Antique Linen ink to over the whole bunny using a mini applicator to create a base coat of color.
- Apply Vintage Photo to the ears and back portion of the body using a mini applicator.
- Tip: I dab the mini applicator on to scrap paper before applying dark ink like Vintage Photo. Removing some of the ink allows for better shading and blending on the animal.
- Cut a couple leaves off a stem and attach to the neck of the bunny with glossy accents.
- Punch three 1/16″ circles and attach to the leaves with glossy accents.
- Attach the bunny in the scene using a piece of mounting tape.
- Apply red Stickles to the berries.
The Birds and Star
- Cut the birds using red cardstock.
- Apply small pieces of mounting tape to the back of the birds and attach them in the scene.
- Cut the star using gold metallic cardstock and attach to the tree top using glossy accents.
Have you checked out the the new Rubbernecker October release? There are lots of wonderful new dies. And guess what! There are more to come. I hope you enjoyed seeing my die cut pine tree snow scene project today. I had so much fun making it. Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you have a good day.