Good Tuesday morning. I have a pretty die cut fall sunflowers card to share with you today made using the new Rubbernecker Borders #3, Large Ivy and the Mixable Flower Stack, Tiny Flower Buds and Nested Oval Scallop. You can see the whole new Rubbernecker release here. Did you know that Rubbernecker offers free shipping on orders over $50? They also have a great discount on orders over $100 and is automatically adjusted for you at check out.
The Frame Layer
- Cut a white piece of card 5.25″ x 4.25″ and place on the cutting platform of your die cutting machine.
- Tip: I place waxed paper between my white cardstock and dies to make sure there are no dirty cutting marks left from the dies when cutting.
- Line the oval border die over one side of the white layer and run it through the machine to cut.
- Line the oval border die over the opposite side of the white layer and run through the machine to cut,
- Place a scalloped oval die in the center of the white layer and run through the machine to cut a frame opening.
- Use the next smaller size scalloped oval die to cut a yellow frame.
- Apply double stick tape to the back of the white layer frame opening and attach it to the yellow frame piece to create a matted frame.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the frame layer and attach a piece of white cardstock to the back of the frame.
- Apply double stick tape to the back of the whole white frame layer and attach it to the yellow card base.
- Cut two sets of the Mixable Flower Stack die.
- Place the three largest flowers face up on the molding pad and push down on each petal with the large rounded stylus to roll the petals up.
- Place the three flowers face down on the molding pad and gently push down on the center with the large rounded stylus to create a rounded dome center.
- Apply Wild Honey ink to the petals to add some depth of color using a mini applicator.
- Apply glossy accents to the flower sections and attach them together, offsetting each layer to create a natural looking flower.
- Cut Tiny Flower Buds and form them using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Apply glossy accents to the center of the flowers and attach several tiny flowers to fill in.
The Floral Arrangement
- Cut several sections of the Large Ivy.
- Place the ivy sections face up on the molding pad and push down in the center of each ivy leaf with the leaf tool to bend and add dimension.
- Apply glossy accents to the back of the two flowers and attach them inside the frame opening.
- Tuck the ivy sections under the flowers and attach with glossy accents. Trim the ends off of the ivy to fit as necessary.
I had so much fun making this die cut fall sunflowers card. I love how the yellow flowers and green ivy pop against the white frame background. I hope you have been inspired to create a fall project of your own. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day.