Good Friday morning. My card was made for day five of the Ellen Hutson Holiday Trends 2018: Holi-deer. I love creating white on white cards with bright touches of color. The Spotted Deer Frame images look so pretty in white with the red cardinals and the snow tipped pine sprigs.
The Deer Frame and Snow Layers
- Cut two sections of the Spotted Deer Frame using white cardstock.
- Cut the deer and moon off the frames and set aside.
- Cut the All-in-One Frame using white cardstock.
- Cut three snow layers with deckle scissors and white cardstock.
- Apply double stick tape to the back of the frame and attach one snow layer.
- Trim off the deer frame and attach it to the back of the frame.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame.
- Cut the tree sections off the second deer frame and attach and attach them to the back of the mounting tape. I reversed the tree placement for the second set of trees so they would be offset from the first set.
- Attach the frame to the card base.
- Attach the front snow section to the frame using double stick tape.
Assemble the Deer, Pine Sprigs and Cardinals
- Cut the cardinals using red cardstock. Color the beaks using a black marker.
- Cut a few a couple sections of the pine sprig clusters, apply white gesso to the tips using a small brush and set aside to dry.
- Tuck the deer in behind the front snow layer and attach with pieces of mounting tape. I used a piece of double stick tape on the back of the deer to hold the die cut spots in place.
- Tuck the pine sprigs in behind the snow layer and around the deer and attach with glossy accents.
- Attach a tiny piece of sprig and 1/16″ red circles to the neck of the fawn using glossy accents.
- Finish by attaching the birds in the scene using small pieces of mounting tape.
Thanks for coming by today and I hope you have enjoyed seeing my card for the Ellen Hutson Holiday Trend 2018. Check out the Ellen Hutson 25% off holiday sale.