My project today is a fun window scene card made using the new Winter Window set from the Essentials by Ellen October release. I wanted my window to appear from the inside of the house looking out at the snowy scene. I embellished the scene with lots of packages made from the Holiday Shopper Lady Stamps.
The Card Base
- Cut a piece of designer paper 4.25″ x 3.00″ and a piece of white cardstock 4.25″ x 2.75″.
- Use the Scor-Pal to score lines every 1/4″ across the white cardstock to create wainscoting for the lower portion of the card.
- Attach decorative cardstock and scored cardstock to the card base using double stick tape.
The See Through Window Scene and Trim
- Cut a window using white cardstock.
- Use the window as a template to draw cutting lines on the card base.
- Use a craft knife to cut along the lines to create the window opening.
- Cut two white snow ground sections using the ground dies.
- Cut two sets of evergreen trees.
- Attach a piece of blue polka dot cardstock to a piece of white cardstock to create the sky background.
- Attach the two snow sections to the blue background using double stick tape.
- Attach the background scenery to the inside opening of the card using strips of mounting tape.
- Tuck the trees in between the snow layers and attach in place with small pieces of mounting tape.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the window and attach it over the front opening.
- Cut a strip of cardstock 1/4″ wide and run through the crimper to create a chair rail section and tuck in behind the window and attach with double stick tape.
- Cut a strip of cardstock 1/2″ wide and run through the crimper to create a baseboard section and attach along the floor line with a piece of double stick tape.
- Secure designer paper and package stamps in the MISTI and stamp using black versafine.
- Apply clear super fine embossing powder and heat with heat gun.
- Cut out the packages using snips, arrange on the card base and attach with pieces of mounting tape.
Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you you have enjoyed seeing my card made using the Winter Window and Holiday Shopper Lady set from the new Essentials by Ellen October release.