Good Monday morning. I have a die cut fall leaves card to share with you today using new dies made by Rubbernecker Stamps. I used the new Border’s #3 for the decorative base and created a pretty fall swag arrangement using Tiny Leaves and Berries Branches.
The Stitched Decorative Layer
- Line up the white cardstock and die and run through the die cut machine.
- Line up the orange cardstock, cut and line up a second time to create a 1/4″ orange border layer.
- Apply 1/8″ double stick tape to the back of the orange border and attach it to the white layer.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the white layer and attach it to the orange card base.
The Branches and Leaves
- Cut two sets of the berry branches using Kraft cardstock.
- Use direct ink pad to cardstock technique to apply Antique Linen and Vintage Photo ink to the branches.
- Use a damp baby wipe to smooth the ink over the branches and set aside to dry or dry with heat gun.
- Cut two sets of tiny leaves using white cardstock.
- Use mini applicators to apply Fired Brick, Peeled Paint and Spiced Marmalade ink to the leaves.
- Attach the leaves to the berry sections of the branches using glossy accents.
Arrange the Branches
- Attach two full branches to the white layer using glossy accents, one left and one right.
- Cut small sections off of a third branch and attach with glossy accents to fill in the center of the arrangement.
- Attach a bow to the center of the arrangement using glue dots.
- Secure a few key spots of the branches to the card base using rolled up glue dots.
I enjoyed making this die cut fall leaves card and look forward to making more in the next few weeks. You can check out my Coloring Leaves video if you would like to see how I colored my leaves. The video shows larger leaves but the technique is the same for the tiny leaves. I sure appreciate you coming by today and I hope you have a great week.