Good Thursday morning. My projects today were made for the Impression Obsession Happy Haunting Halloween design team challenge. I sure hope you’ll come and play along with us. You can see all the challenge details and prize information on the Impression Obsession Blog.
I’m not fond of horror Halloween themes so I usually choose more cartoony dies and stamps to play with. My first project was made with the Spider Web Background, Spider Trio and All-in-One Frames Rectangles 2. I would not want to run into a spider web with these three scary spiders in it. LOL!
The Spider Web, Frame and Spiders
- Cut the spider web background using white cardstock.
- Cut the frame and spiders using black cardstock.
- Apply double stick tape to the back of the frame and attach the spider web background.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the orange card base.
- Lightly form the spider bodies using a large stylus and molding pad and bend their legs a little with your fingers create the appearance of movement.
- Apply double layered pieces of mounting tape to the back of the spiders and attach them to the orange card base.
My second card was made using the Halloween Cutout Circles and All-in-One Frames Rectangles 2. I think these small circle silhouettes are so fun used all together on one card but would be very cute used individually one small cards or tags. And again, these are all whimsical images that are full of Halloween fun and not yucky horror type images.
The Circle Cutouts and Frame
- Line the circles up on the black cardstock and cut them. The circles come tabbed together but I never cut them apart so it would be easier to cut them so they were all lined up perfectly.
- Cut the frame using orange cardstock.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame.
- Attach the circle layer to the back of the frame.
- Apply double stick tape to the back of the circle layer and frame and attach a piece of orange cardstock behind the openings. I wanted the circle images to lay flat against the orange background..
- Attach the completed circle frame to the black card base using double stick tape.
I hope my fast and easy Impression Obsession Happy Haunting Halloween cards have inspired you to get out your dies and stamps. Halloween is just around the corner. I can’t believe how fast this year has gone by. Thanks for coming by and I hope you’ll hop over to the Impression Obsession blog to check out the challenge and the list of other team members who have projects to share.