Good Friday morning. I’m sharing two cards today made using the newly released Rubbernecker Hot Air Balloon die paired with the Winter Tree, Small Ivy, Small Birds, Cloud Tree, Tiny Flower Buds and framed with the Rectangle Combo #4. We see lots of hot air balloons flown here in Florida and they are always so bright and colorful against the sky. I was inspired to use really bright colors for both of my balloons and to have them floating just above the tree tops.
The Frame and Tree Tops
- Cut the frames using bright pink and aqua cardstock.
- Attach the two largest frame sections together using double stick tape.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and set aside.
- Cut the tree die using Kraft cardstock.
- Cut the small ivy sections using green cardstock.
- Cut the tiny flowers using bright pink and white cardstock.
- Attach tiny leaves and flowers to the tree top sections and attach with glossy accents.
- attach tree sections to the lower corners of the frame and then attach the whole frame to the card base.
Assemble the Balloons
- Cut the hot air balloon out four times using bright pink, aqua, bright yellow and green cardstock.
- Turn the balloon outline frame face down and secure the colorful pieces in place using double stick tape.
- Attach the bow sections to the basket using glossy accents and then attach them to the balloon using glossy accents.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the balloons and baskets and attach to the card base.
Embellish the Scenes
- Cut the cloud tree sections using white cardstock.
- Attach the clouds in the scenes using pieces of mounting tape.
- Cut birds using bright pink cardstock and attach them in place on the card with the white background to add another touch of color.
I love how both of these die cut hot air balloon cards turned out. They are so bright, colorful and happy looking. I would love to have the courage to take a ride in a balloon but I’m afraid of heights so it will never happen. LOL! I hope you are inspired to get out your happy colored cardstock and dies and create a fun project of your own. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day.