Good Thursday morning. Today I’m sharing several die cut flower and frame sample cards that I made to show off how to use the smaller frame sections of the new 5207D Rectangle Combo #3 and 5208D Rectangle Combo #4 frame dies. I created floral arrangements to fill each frame using Small Flowers #1, Tulip Tops, Tulip Stems, Tiny Flower Buds, Small Ivy, Flower Stems, Grass #2, Tall Terracotta Pots, Watering Can, Beach Chairs, Knob Top Fence and Small Butterflies. All of these would be perfect to use for gift cards.
Parts and Pieces
- Cut the flowers using pink, purple and yellow cardstock.
- Cut the stems, ivy and grass using green cardstock.
- Cut the flower pot using yellow cardstock and apply Rusty Hinge and Wild Honey using a mini applicator to create the appearance of terracotta.
- Cut the watering can using gray cardstock and apply Rusty Hinge and Wild Honey ink using a mini applicator to create the appearance of a rusty can.
- Cut the Adirondack chair and fence using white cardstock.
- Cut the small butterflies using pink and purple cardstock.
Create the Frames
- Cut the frames using white cardstock.
- Attach the sections together on the back of each frame using strips of double stick tape.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the frames and attach to the card base.
Create the Floral Arrangements and Scenes
- Attach the flowers to the stems using glossy accents.
- Attach the flowers to the pot and watering can using glossy accents.
- Attach the flower pot and watering can to the card base using mounting tape.
- Create the wreath base using small ivy, attach the flowers using glossy accents and attach it to the card base using glossy accents.
- Attach the chair to the card base using mounting tape.
- Tuck grass sections in behind the frames to fill in around the watering can, flower pot and chair and attach with glossy accents.
- Attach small bows to the wreath and flower arrangement using glue dots.
- Attach the small butterflies using glossy accents.
- Attach small white Nuvo Crystal Drops to the flower centers using glossy accents.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing these small die cut flower and frame sample cards. I had lots of fun making them and I think they are so sweet. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day.