Good Wednesday morning. I have a clean, simple, fast and easy die cut love sentiment card to share with you today. I love the bright and colorful Lawn Fawn Spring Fling designer paper and thought it would be so pretty used with a simple die cut sentiment layered over vellum. The sentiment is still the main focal point but the floral background can still be seen through the vellum. I used the Rubbernecker Love sentiment, Leaf Group and Small Flowers #1 and layered using the Nested Rectangle Scallop and Nested Rectangle Scallop with Holes.
Die Cut Love Sentiment
- Cut the sentiment twice using Candy Hearts cardstock.
- Apply small dots of glossy accents to the back of one sentiment and attach it to the second sentiment.
- Cut tiny flowers using white cardstock and apply Peony ink to the flower centers using a mini applicator.
- Form the tiny flowers using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Cut leaves using green cardstock.
- Attach small leaf sections and flowers to the sentiment using glossy accents.
Assemble The Card
- Cut the flower designer paper using the rectangle scalloped die.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the floral layer and attach it to the white card base.
- Cut the vellum layer using the rectangle scalloped die with holes.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to several key places on the back of the sentiment and attach it to the vellum layer.
- Turn the vellum layer face down, attach rolled up 1/8″ glue dots to several places right behind the letters and turn over and attach to the floral card base. Note: placing the glue dots right behind the letters allows the whole layer to be attached but doesn’t allow any of the glue dots to show through the vellum.
I love how pretty this die cut love sentiment card turned out. The flowers are so bright and cheerful and still show through behind the vellum layer. This will be a perfect card to send to my mother-in-law. I hope you have enjoyed seeing my project today. Thanks for coming by and have a great hump day.