Good Wednesday morning. I’m sharing a die cut birthday cake with you today using the Rubbernecker Birthday Cake set paired with the Nested Rectangle Scallop w/ Holes, Flower Stems, Tiny Flower Buds and Best Friends sentiment set. Check out the great 15% off sale going on at Rubbernecker Stamps right now. It’s a great time to check items off of your wish list. The sale ends on Saturday.
Assemble the Cake
- Cut the cake sections out using pink, purple, white and yellow cardstock.
- Cut the foliage using green cardstock and the flowers using pink and purple cardstock.
- Attach the yellow flame sections to the candles using glossy accents, apply yellow sticks to the flames and set aside to dry.
- Attach the white frosting sections to the cake layers using glossy accents.
- Attach the cake layers together using glossy accents.
- Form the tiny flowers using a tiny tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Attach the leaves and tiny flowers to the cake layers using glossy accents.
- Attach the candles to the back of the cake using glossy accents.
Assemble the Card
- Cut the colored background layer and attach to the card base using strips of mounting tape.
- Cut the white scalloped layer and attach to the card base using strips of mounting tape.
- Attach the birthday cake to the white layer using pieces of mounting tape.
- Stamp the sentiment using Versafine Clair Nocturne and heat set.
- Attach the sentiment layer to the colored layer using double stick tape and attach it to the base of the cake using mounting tape.
I haven’t posted in a few days as I was out in California working with Rubbernecker at the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo. It is always fun to meet fellow crafters and especially fun meeting people who have been online friends for years. I hope you enjoyed seeing both versions of the die cut birthday cake. It is a lovely die set and creates a fun cake that can be used for all kinds of occasions besides birthdays. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day.