Today I’m sharing an umbrella beach scene card made using new Rubbernecker beach themed dies that will be available soon on the store site. I’m sorry that it’s been a while since I posted. I’ve been busy making projects using all the new Rubbernecker dies and I will be sharing them over the next couple of weeks. I also had a great time working at the Rubbernecker booth this past weekend at the Orlando Stamp and Scrapbook show. I had the opportunity to meet so many new people and catch up with lots of good friends.
The Water and Sky
- Cut a piece of masking tape and attach it to the center of the card base.
- Apply Tumbled Glass ink to the water portion of the base using an ink blending tool.
- Remove the tape and apply Tumbled Glass to the sky area using an ink blending tool and a cloud template.
- Lightly dab white embossing paste on to the water using your finger to create the sea foam.
- Apply clear glitter to the paste while it is still wet to create sparkle.
The Die Cut Images
- Cut the small umbrellas using aqua, yellow, red and white colored cardstock and attach the colored panels to the umbrella base using glossy accents.
- Cut the lifeguard tower sections using gray, yellow, red and white cardstock.
- Apply Vintage Photo ink to the fence rail and roof section of the tower using a mini applicator.
- Attach the fence rail and roof sections to the tower using strips of mounting tape.
- Cut the sun sections using yellow cardstock, attach them using double stick tape and apply shimmer using a Tonic shimmer pen.
- Cut the small birds using white cardstock and apply markings on the wings using Pumice Stone ink and a mini applicator.
- Cut the sand layers using brown cardstock and apply Antique Linen ink to the layers by swiping the ink pads directly over the paper.
Assemble the Scene
- Attach the back layer of sand to the card base using double stick tape.
- Attach the front sand layer to the card base using strips of mounting tape.
- Use strips of mounting tape to attach the lifeguard tower, sun and umbrellas to the card base.
- Apply tiny pieces of mounting tape to the back of the birds and attach them to the sky area.
- Finish the scene by attaching a tiny red handle and a string to the small surfboard.
Thanks for coming by today and I hope you have enjoyed seeing my umbrella beach scene card. Checkout the new die section and I’ll keep you posted when they are available for purchase. There are lots of great dies.