I had so much fun making this beach Z Fold Box card. I love creating cards with dimension and the z fold card layout provides so many opportunities. I used the new Rubbernecker Woody, Lifeguard Tower and Palm Trees paired the Waves, Deckle Hills, Sun Moon, Grass #2 and Small Birds. The base was made using The Paper Cut Easel Card Kit.
The Card Base and Waves
- Apply clouds to the card base using a cloud stencil, ink blending tool and Tumbled Glass ink.
- Cut wave sections to fit across the back section of the card base and in the box sections using aqua cardstock.
- Layer two 5.50″ sections to the back of the card base using double stick tape.
- Cut four waves layers 1.50″ x 3.75″, score at .50″ on each end.
- Cut one sand layer 1.50″ x 3.75″, score at .50″ on each end.
- Apply double stick tape on both ends of the wave and sand layers and set aside.
The Sand Layers and Wave Box
- Cut two 11″ sand layers to fit across the whole card base. Place an 11″ piece of cardstock on cutting platform, place the deckle die at one end of the cardstock and cut. Place the deckle die at the end of the first cut, line up the ends and cut a second time.
- Apply Antique Linen ink to the sand layers by swiping the ink pad directly over the cardstock and quick dry with the heat gun.
- Attach the two sand layers together using double stick tape.
- Score the sand layers at 5.50″ and 8.25″ used a bone folder create a sharp crease on both folds.
- Apply double stick tape to the sand layers and attach to the card base.
- Tuck each sand and wave layer inside the box and attach the tabs to the card base and sand layer.
- Cut the Woody using green, woodgrain, black, white and gray cardstock.
- Apply Crushed Olive ink to the car body using a mini applicator for shading.
- Apply Vintage Photo ink to the wood grain section using a mini applicator and attach it to the card base using glossy accents.
- Attach the fenders to the car base using strips of rolled up double stick tape.
- Assemble the wheel sections, attach together using glossy accents. and attach them to the car base using glossy accents.
- Attach bumpers and metal strips to the card using glossy accents.
- Cut two surfboards and attach to the top using glossy accents.
The Lifeguard Tower
- Cut the Lifeguard Tower using Kraft cardstock and the lifesaver ring and lifesaver board using red and white cardstock.
- Apply Vintage Photo ink to the roof and railing sections using a mini applicator.
- Attach the roof and railing to the tower using strips of mounting tape.
- Attach the red pieces to the lifesaver ring and board using glossy accents.
- Punch a 1/16″ hole in the tip of the lifesaver board and insert a single layer of string for the rope.
- Attach the lifesaving ring and board to the tower using glossy accents and mounting tape.
The Palm Trees, Surfboards and Sun
- Cut the palm fronds using green cardstock and the trunks using woodgrain cardstock.
- Apply Vintage Photo ink to the trunks and coconuts using a mini applicator.
- Attach the green fronds and coconuts to the trunks using glossy accents.
- Cut additional surfboards using teal and yellow cardstock and cut strips of coordinating cardstock and attach to the boards using glossy accents.
- Cut an additional ring from the Lifeguard Tower set using bright yellow.
- Cut the Sun, attach the sections together and apply shimmer using a shimmer pen.
The Scene Embellishments
- Cut grass sprigs using green cardstock.
- Create two colorful hand cut towels using bright yellow cardstock.
- Cut thin strips of bright pink cardstock and bright pink flowers.
- Attach the strips and flowers to the hand cut towels using glossy accents.
- Use snips to cut the end of each towel to create fringe.
- Cut the small birds using white cardstock and color the wings using a gray marker.
Assemble the Beach Z Fold Box Card
- Use mounting tape to attach the lifeguard tower to the card base.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the palm trees, tuck them in behind the sand layers and attach to the card base.
- Attach the Woody to the sand layer using mounting tape.
- Tuck the surfboards in behind the sand layer and attach in place with mounting tape.
- Apply glossy accents to the grass springs and tuck in behind the sand layers.
- Apply tiny pieces of mounting tape to the birds and attach them in the sky area of the card base.
- Use mounting tape to attach the sun to the sky area of the card base.
- Attach the hand cut towels to the sand layer using glossy accents.
- Finish by attaching the yellow inner tube circle to a wave using glossy accents.
This beach Z Fold Box card took quite a bit of time to make but it was well worth it. I love how it turned out. For more beach themed Z Fold cards check out this Pinterest link. Check out my Z Fold Category to see all of my Z Fold cards. I hope you have enjoyed seeing my project today and I sure do appreciate you stopping by. Have a great day.