Today I’m sharing a sweet clean and simple bicycle card using several Rubbernecker dies. I created the background scene using the mini fern stamp from the Kittie Kits Outdoor Master, Distress Inks and mini applicators. I thought the Bicycle was the perfect main image for the simple scene and I filled the basket with Small Ivy and Tiny Flower Buds. The card base was made using the Nested Deckle Rectangles and I finished the scene by adding two Small Butterflies. As much as I love creating projects with lots and lots of dimension with die cuts it’s fun to step back a little and create a more simple scene. Check out this Pinterest link to see more clean and simple bicycle card examples.
The Scene Background
- Create the bike path using Antique Linen ink and a mini applicator.
- Use the mini fern stamp and Shabby Shutters ink to stamp green along both sides of the path.
- Use Spun Sugar, Faded Jeans and Squeezed Lemonade inks and the mini fern stamp to add touches color to the grassy path to create the appearance of tiny flowers. My intention was to create just the “impression” of a soft flower path to allow the bicycle to be the main focus.
The Bicycle and Basket of Flowers
- Cut the bicycle pieces using blue, gray, black and white cardstock.
- Assemble the bicycle parts using glossy accents and double stick tape.
- Apply Vintage Photo ink to the basket using a mini applicator.
- Cut the small ivy using green cardstock and the flowers using pink, blue and yellow cardstock.
- Arrange and attach sections of the ivy to the back of the basket using glossy accents.
- Form the tiny flowers using a small tipped stylus and molding pad and attach them to the ivy using glossy ivy.
- Apply glossy accents to the back bottom and right side of the basket and attach it to the bicycle.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the basket, wheels and seat of the bicycle and attach it to the card base.
- Finish by attaching two pink butterflies to the card base using glossy accents.
I love the soft feel to this clean and simple bicycle card. It was fast and easy to make and will be the perfect card for my older sister who loves to ride her bike. Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you have a great Sunday.