Today I’m sharing a sunny beach scene card to “celebrate summer” along with the Rubbernecker Stamps design team. Nothing represents summer to me more than going to the beach, relaxing under a beach umbrella and watching the waves roll in. My project was made using the new Beach Umbrella, Chaise Lounge, Deckle Hills, Waves, Sun Moon, Grass #2, Small Birds and the Rectangle Combo #4.
The Frame, Water, Sand and Cloud Background
- Apply Tumbled Glass ink to the card base using an ink blending tool and cloud template.
- Use Kraft cardstock to cut the sand layer and apply Antique Linen ink by swiping the ink pad directly to the cardstock.
- Cut the wave layers using aqua cardstock and apply white embossing paste and clear glitter.
- Apply the sand layer and wave layers to the frame using double stick tape.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and wave layers and attach to the card base.
The Lounge, Umbrella, Sun and Birds
- Cut the lounge using red cardstock and the umbrella using red and white cardstock and attach it to the scene using thin pieces of mounting tape.
- Create a towel by attaching thin strips of red cardstock to a small piece of white cardstock using glossy accents. Use snips to cut fringe along the bottom of the towel. Attach the towel over the arm the lounge using double stick tape.
- Attach the white umbrella sections to the red umbrella base using glossy accents.
- Attach the umbrella pole to the card base with double stick tape and the umbrella to the card base using mounting tape.
- Cut the sun using bright yellow cardstock and attach to the card base using mounting tape. Apply shimmer to the sun using a shimmer pen.
- Cut small birds and color the wings using a gray marker and attach the to the card base with small pieces of mounting tape.
- Finish by attaching a few grass sprigs to the scene using glossy accents.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my sunny beach scene card. I think you will love seeing all the projects the design team members have made. Click over to the Rubbernecker design team blog for all the blog hop prize details. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great week.