Today I’m sharing a clean and simple die cut carousel card with an all white frame and background that allows the carousel and animals to be the main focus of the card. I love the lion, horse and camel with their red saddles ready for riders. At first I thought I would put all the three of the animals at different heights so they would appear to be in motion but decided I liked them best all on one level. I framed the Carousel using the Rectangle Combo #3 and created the ground using the Deckle Hills and Grass #2.
The Frame and Grass
- Cut the frame layers using white cardstock and the grass layers using green cardstock.
- Attach the two frames together using double stick tape.
- Attach the grass layer to the back of the frame.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape all the way around the back of the frame and attach it to the card base.
- Tuck a few grass springs in behind the grass layer and attach with glossy accents.
- Cut the carousel out using red and white cardstock and attach the white pieces to the top of the awning using glossy accents.
- Use red cardstock to cut the saddles out.
- Cut the lion, horse and camel and their individual parts out using white cardstock.
- Color the camel, lion and mane using Antique Linen and Vintage Photo inks and a mini applicator.
- Use Pumice Stone ink and a mini applicator to color the horse, mane and tail.
- Attach the saddles to the three animals using glossy accents.
- Assemble the main carousel sections and attach them to the card base using pieces of mounting tape.
- Finish by attaching the lion, horse and camel to the card base using mounting tape.
This die cut carousel card was fun to make. Rubbernecker also has a cute Ferris Wheel die cut that I want to play with next. I’ve linked it below if you want to check it out. I sure do appreciate you coming by and hope you have a wonderful day.