Happy 4th of July! Today I’m sharing a patriotic red, white and blue lighthouse card to celebrate the holiday. I used the Lighthouse, Sun Moon, Small Birds and Grass #2 and designer paper from the Carta Bella Deep Blue Sea 6 x 6 pad. I love the lighthouse paper and thought it would be perfect for a clean and simple background. for my card. I used my crimper to create the touch of dimension on the strip behind the lighthouse. I know most people consider the crimper to be old school but it is still one of my favorite tools and is in the top drawer of my desk for easy access.
The Card Base
- Cut the designer paper paper piece, apply strips of mounting tape to the back and attach it to the card base.
- Use red cardstock to cut the strip and run it through the crimper.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the crimped strip and attach it to the card base.
- Cut a strip of coordinating designer paper to use on the bottom of the card and set aside.
- Cut the lighthouse using red, white and blue cardstock.
- Assemble the colored pieces to use on the white lighthouse base.
- Attach the pieces to the base using glossy accents.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the lighthouse and attach it to the card base.
- Attach the small house to the strip using mounting tape.
The Sun, Birds and Grass
- Use red cardstock to cut the sun and attach it to the card base using mounting tape.
- Cut the birds and grass using white cardstock.
- Apply small pieces of mounting tape to the back of the birds and attach them to the card base.
- Attach the coordinating designer paper strip to the bottom of the card using double stick tape.
- Tuck the grass sprigs in behind the designer paper strip and attach with glossy accents.
I hope you enjoyed seeing my red, white and blue lighthouse card. I know a red sun is a little out of the box but I didn’t want to distract from the color theme. It may have looked better if I had done it in white cardstock. T.hanks for coming by and I hope you have a wonderful holiday.