Today I’m sharing a white on white falling autumn leaves card that I made for the Splitcoaststampers Clean and Simple challenge. The challenge was to create a project with a sunset or the colors of a sunset. I decided to create a sunset on an all white background with a tree and autumn leaves. I used the Rubbernecker Stamps Winter Tree, Tiny Leaves, Deckle Hills and created a mask for the sunset using the Nested Circles.
The Sunset Layer
- Apply a piece of masking tape to a piece of scrap cardstock.
- Cut the circle out of the masked cardstock.
- Remove the cardstock and attach the circle mask to the white layer.
- Apply layers of Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade ink using a blender brush to create the the sunset.
- Remove the mask.
The Deckle Hills
- Cut two Deckle Hills. Attach the back layer to the sunset layer using ATG adhesive and the front layer using strips of mounting tape.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the sunset layer and attach it to the card base.
The Leaves and Branches
- Cut the Winter Tree using white cardstock.
- Cut the Tiny Leaves using white cardstock.
- Use mini applicators to apply Shabby Shutters, Fired Brick and Spiced Marmalade ink to the leaves.
- Apply Mustard Seed ink over each leaf to blend in the three colors.
- Attach the leaves to the tree branches using glossy accents.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the tree, tuck it in behind the ground layer and attach to the card base.
- Apply a few rolled glue dots behind a few key leaves to secure the branches to the card base.
- Finish the card by attaching a few loose falling leaves to the scene using glossy accents.
I enjoyed making this white on white autumn falling leaves card with the big orange sunset. I so love making cards with a few touches of color against an all white background. Here is a link to a white on white Christmas card with touches of red and green. Here’s a link to a Pinterest page with white on white card inspiration. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day.