My project today is a colorful autumn leaves card with cats playing in the leaves. For this scene I used the newly released Rubbernecker Stamps Park Bench, Winter Lamp Post and Evergreen Trees paired with the Winter Tree, Tiny Leaves, Stitched Hills, Grass #2 and Cats. This card has lots to see and it was so much fun to make.
The Card Base
- Use Tumbled Glass ink and a cloud template to create a blue cloudy background on the white card base.
- Cut three grass layers using the Stitched Hills.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back grass layer and attach to the card base.
- Attach strips of mounting tape to the two front grass layers and attach them to the card base.
The Trees and Leaves
- Cut the Winter Tree using woodgrain cardstock and the Evergreen Trees using green cardstock.
- Color the tree using the direct to paper technique and an Antique Linen ink pad. Note: swipe the ink pad directly over the die cut tree to add color.
- Use white cardstock to cut the tiny leaves.
- Apply Shabby Shutters, Fired Brick and Spiced Marmalade ink to the leaves using mini applicators.
- Gentle form the leaves using the leaf tool and molding pad and then attach the leaves to the branches using glossy accents.
- Apply strips of mounting tape and rolled up glue dots to the back of the tree limbs and branches and attach it to the card base.
- Use pieces of mounting tape to attach the evergreen trees to the card base.
The Park Bench, Lamp Post and Cats
- Cut the bench and lamp post using black cardstock.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of each, tuck in behind the grass layers and attach to the card base.
- Use white cardstock to cut the cats.
- Color the Siamese cat using Antique Linen and Vintage Photo ink and mini applicators.
- Use a black Copic marker to color the two black and white cats.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the cats and attach them to the bench and grass layers.
Finish the Scene
- Attach several loose leaves to the grass area using glossy accents.
- Apply a sparkly shimmer to the leaves using a Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Pen.
Here are links to the dies I used for this project.
Here are the tools and supplies I used.
I hope you enjoyed seeing my autumn leaves card with the cats playing in the leaves. For more autumn leaves inspiration click on this Pinterest link. I appreciate you coming by and I hope you have a great day.